2019 Finals Vote for CAP/DH/Draft Order

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

The Last Druid

Re: 2019 Finals Vote for CAP/DH/Draft Order

PostMon Feb 17, 2020 8:50 am

The finals is always waivers. Part of why I chose to draft 12th is because it affords me first pick in waivers. There is no problem in determining waiver priority in live drafts, it goes in reverse pick order. Always has.

No reason to change it because Bernie doesn't like it and/or hasn't bothered to read the rules. The time to speak up was before the draft started not after it is nearly done.
Last edited by The Last Druid on Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

egvrich

PostMon Feb 17, 2020 8:52 am

Here it is from the help page:

Waivers
Just like Auto List Draft leagues, you have a choice between using the standard Waivers system or skipping it (i.e. "Frenzy") when creating a new Live Draft league. The Waivers system works exactly like it always does - all teams have a chance to submit Waiver claims on undrafted players which get processed at the Waivers deadline - except the Waiver order is set to be the reverse of the Draft Order.

For Live Draft leagues, the option is set to use the standard Waivers system by default for the sake of consistency and simplicity, even though the Live Draft by nature lessens the need for it. If you'd like to skip straight to the first-come, first-served free agent "Frenzy" after your Live Draft, simply change this setting when creating your league.

Suggestions are always welcome! Let us know what ideas you have for improving the Live Draft by sending us an email at onlinegamesupport@strat-o-matic.com.

mighty moose

PostMon Feb 17, 2020 5:36 pm

BDWard wrote:
What do you think?

We always use waivers.

cristano1

PostMon Feb 17, 2020 5:50 pm

Moose: Can you also clarify what happens if Druid wins another world championship this year? Since he copied half of my team (Pitchers, Pitching Strategy, Rotation composition), would I get half of his ring? And, who would be listed as the 2020 barnstormers champ? Would it read "The Last Druid" or would it read "The Last Druid via Copy Cristano"? I noticed that Bernie missed the part of the online rules about waivers being set in reverse order. I just reread the rules myself and did not see any rule about blatant copying in a finals league. Not only did he copy my rotation AND all RP under 1m, he also added insult to injury and copied B.McPhee. Copying the pitchers is one thing, but this B.McPhee thing really eats my a**.

I propose a 10 win penalty in the finals for the copyright violation. But you are commissioner, so you might feel that a harsher penalty is in order. Is it time to involve the Barn Board to sort this one out? Let's not forget that steroids and the Astros killed baseball. Murdered it. Something like this could really take a wrecking ball to the Barnstormers Tour without a very forward thinking commissioner like yourself taking prompt action. I could also get behind something like a 5 win penalty and being banned from the next barnstormers tour.

mighty moose

PostMon Feb 17, 2020 5:58 pm

cristano1 wrote:Moose: Can you also clarify what happens if Druid wins another world championship this year?

He gets his name listed as the 2019 Barnstormers Champion and SOM awards him some VERY nice prizes.

Here is the link for the 2019 Championship Finals - just updated the "Links to all Leagues" thread for the last time for 2019. https://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/443165

Good Luck everyone - and thanks for a very fast Live Draft !

Hittmens

PostTue Feb 18, 2020 1:35 pm

"And if that weren't enough you have your patented dumb ass four dogshit catchers"
No patent required because noone is rushing to copy it

RiggoDrill

PostWed Feb 19, 2020 12:07 am

crissi may be on his way to the dustbin of Barnstormers' history, but credit where due, I like his chances of retaining his Trash-talking Championship! :o :D

The Last Druid

PostWed Feb 19, 2020 11:41 am

Of course only Mike anointed Chrissie trash talking champion after last years tournament.

So just like many of his other idiosyncratic opinions which may be found all over the ATG thread page, this somehow gets presented as a fait accompli.

One should be able to trash talk themselves before judging the folks who are actually good at it. :lol: :roll:

chaberlal

PostWed Feb 19, 2020 12:18 pm

i am eager to see the final lineups

cristano1

PostWed Feb 19, 2020 12:33 pm

Petro: You should private message me your Strat Password. Since you copied my entire pitching logic, word for word, let me set all the pitcher hooks so you get a true exact copy.

But I suppose the old adage "Cheaters Never Win" still holds. I can at least laugh that of all the leagues you could have chosen to Copy Cristano, this was the absolute worst one for you to choose. Can you imagine how well your 9R 9L 8R 8L spot starters would have done in this league? Like every single team as either 8+ righty batters or 6+ lefty batters. This league is a small Sutton, Heredia, Rueter goldmine!

I will do my best to kick your a** this league, even if I am half playing against myself anyway...
PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour