2019 playoffs and on the Bubble for the 9th spot

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

Re: 2019 playoffs and on the Bubble for the 9th spot

PostThu Nov 21, 2019 8:19 pm

Yeah, with the settling of the points with the last semi-final concluded and playoffs over, I got a lot of heavy lifting to do. Semi-Finals assignments will be coming out in a day or two. Time to go to work. The tie-breaker order is listed in the rules, Mark.

Tiebreakers
1. Championships won
2. Finals made
3. Playoffs made
4. Regular season total wins
5. No. of events played
6. Pick 3 winner

mighty moose

PostThu Nov 21, 2019 10:43 pm

childsmwc
DOHowser1
Dougout

Championships won - all had 1

Finals Made - childsmwc 3 / Dougout 3 / DOHowser1 1 - DOHowser1 eliminated

Playoffs Made - childsmwc 4 / Dougout 4

Regular season total wins - childsmwc 517 / Dougout 512 - childsmwc wins tiebreaker
(and even if you slice it by removing the drop low event - childsmwc still wins 436/434)

childsmwc wins the final spot in the 12 team league #1

mighty moose

PostThu Nov 21, 2019 11:14 pm

The Semi-Finals leagues will be created tonight and e-mails will go out to all who qualified in positions 10-57.

Watch your mailbox - check spam filters.

FrankieT

PostSat Nov 23, 2019 7:45 am

Moose--thanks for doing this--it may be the glue currently holding the ATG game from disappearing, and you make it look easy, even though it is clearly a crapload of work for you.

Egnaro

PostSat Nov 23, 2019 2:44 pm

mburatti76 wrote:I believe I may have clinched the #9 slot.

Egnaro, I couldn't believe that your team got swept in the semi's. I figured you would win at least 2 games in the series to eliminate me.

Good luck to everyone still alive.

Congrats on making the ninth spot. I am always the pessimist on these things, but I had hoped I would at least win a couple of games. Oh well

mighty moose

PostSat Nov 23, 2019 3:25 pm

tersignf wrote:Moose--thanks for doing this--it may be the glue currently holding the ATG game from disappearing, and you make it look easy, even though it is clearly a crapload of work for you.

Thanks Frank. It wouldn't be happening if I hadn't gotten someone on the inside at SOM to work with me. Once board member Mr. Baseball World assured me that they were finally making our long requested changes to the live draft app, that convinced me that if they were making the effort, then I should hang in there and see it through. I'm pleased to see if they aren't listening to us as a community as a whole then at least they are helping to preserve this great tournament and turn the live draft app into something we can appreciate.

I wish to also thank MrBBW for his work at finding and testing the bugs in the early stages of the Live Draft improvements and letting them know - from the Barnstormers perspective, how we used it and how it compared to Diamond Dope. He and other testers spent a lot of time getting this thing roped in.
Previous

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour