How do standings points work in Event 6 ?

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

How do standings points work in Event 6 ?

PostSat Aug 31, 2019 3:34 pm

For those of you playing all 6 events (most of you) - the main standings page may be something you may be visiting often if you are in the running to make the semi-finals or make it into the Top 8 for the bye to the Finals. Event 6 is handled differently. You will not see any points added to your total UNTIL your Event #6 wins is MORE than your win total for your LOWEST SCORING event. Once your event 6 team reaches that level, points will be added for wins.

This is how the "drop lowest event" works. Of course if your event 6 win total is lower than your lowest event, it becomes your "drop low".

If you happen to have MISSED PLAYING in an event, then every WIN will accumulate points. So it will be at this point where you will start the ladder to climb up the standings to MAKE THAT CHARGE to see if you can get into the SEMIFINALS.

One more thing of note, if you incurred a penalty for a stadium violation and it happens in your lowest wins event, the penalty also gets dropped.

Thanks - Moose

mighty moose

Re: How do standings points work in Event 6 ?

PostMon Aug 17, 2020 12:33 pm

Bumping this topic back to the top as this is STILL RELEVANT as Event 6 approaches for 2020.

FrankieT

PostWed Nov 10, 2021 11:24 am

I will usually peek at the folks near me and near the top to see if they are in a position to add points at this stage or not. Based on my max potential point total, I look at the top 9 slots for point levels reachable to me, and I hold out hope as long as I am still able to accumulate points.

My beef is I think 5 points is too many as a championship sweetener. Maybe it can be considered to be a lower value but that is just a personal preference. Not saying it should be one or the other on any objective basis of fairness, but is my opinion.

FrankieT

PostWed Nov 10, 2021 11:26 am

And FWIW...it looks like only 5 of the top 9 are currently adding points onto their total. So the cutoff is far from determined.
And Steve, if you pull out your division win, you could be in the running if you have a deep playoff run

childsmwc

PostWed Nov 10, 2021 3:57 pm

Yep I'm just trying to hold on as this round was a disaster out of the gate (team started 4-23). It highlights how random this game really is though, since by the end of the season, I now have a positive run differential and am 74-79, but that won't be enough to move my score, so time to just wait and see what happens.

FrankieT

PostWed Nov 10, 2021 5:10 pm

Yeah no doubt.
But heck 508 points is a good place to be and I can't imagine it won't be above the threshold.

STEVE F

PostWed Nov 10, 2021 8:06 pm

Thanks, that's gonna be awfully tough to do, with all 9 remaining games on the road.

FrankieT

PostWed Nov 10, 2021 11:50 pm

Cmon Steve! Does the F stand for failure or FTW !?!

mighty moose

PostSun Sep 11, 2022 9:13 pm

ok with the 2022 Event 6 now starting, this thread kicked back to the top.

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour