2018 BS Finals "Discussion" Thread

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

cristano1

Re: 2018 BS Finals "Discussion" Thread

PostFri Feb 08, 2019 11:22 am

I was curious because the jet ratings have him as a pretty high value. i have never used him before, and am excited to take that boy out for a spin.

The Last Druid

PostFri Feb 08, 2019 6:12 pm

Seymour is Speaker light with more flexibility but worse defense and stealing. Not the value Speaker is either, but a very useful player nonetheless.

BTW I have the strong impression that lab is targeting you this year with the Duren and especially the early Wallace picks. You finally managed to inconvenience me. That Causey pick hurt.

Disagree with your assessment of Mesquiton's team. Henderson and Mondesi are normally great values in MM but look how that didn't work out for Ferry last year. The only parks they can really shine in are his, mine and maybe Jet's. I think their output this season will be no better and possibly worse then what Ferry got from them last year.

cristano1

PostFri Feb 08, 2019 6:30 pm

have you ever seen mesq have his pick of all righties and not build a dominant righty team? I will probably drop Causey anyway, I am starting with 9 lefty batters but I'm sure I will land in a Klip / Rueter / Bennett division and have to move down to 7.

And I agree, Lab has to be targeting me, and rightfully so. For lefty park, his 2 fav players in the entire set are Ashburn and Ott, and he also wanted Joyce badly. I purely took them both out of spite the moment he drafted Duren and ruined my entire plan for this year. On top of that, I complained he was drafting slower than Molasses and asked Moose to skip him. On top of that, he has to think that he won the Barnstormers World Series last year, but somehow I got crowned the champion. He has every right to take it out on me.

jet40

PostFri Feb 08, 2019 6:48 pm

Everyone is going to enjoy coming to my park...lol.

The Last Druid

PostFri Feb 08, 2019 7:00 pm

He has been taking his sweet time drafting. And that certainly got my attention as well.

cristano1

PostFri Feb 08, 2019 7:24 pm

i am in disbelief that my draft card was carew, skipped pick, ott, joyce. never in a million years did i expect it to turn out this way.

The Last Druid

PostFri Feb 08, 2019 7:55 pm

You count on your 4 ace strategy safety net to fall back on. The set is deep enough to forego even the first five rounds and still be competitive.

Looks like Mesquiton has that going on too. He seems to always draft the same core of righty park players with his four semi aces and Hrabosky if he can get him. He won't be able to score much on the road here, too low OBP and very little power on the road either. Apart from his pitching, I think the wheels will come off like they did for Ferry last year in MM.

cristano1

PostFri Feb 08, 2019 8:09 pm

thanks though, i owe you one tonight. i thought the question for the evening was going to be beer or whiskey. instead, its what the F is an atlee haymaker?!

The Last Druid

PostFri Feb 08, 2019 8:15 pm

Death to lefties on wheels. That is Hammaker.

cristano1

PostFri Feb 08, 2019 8:20 pm

If you end up in my division with Haymaker I will use a simple fix. Causey shifts to SS. Tiny righty 2B. My 1M CA switches to his platoon who is a righty. That gives me 2 righties. I will likely drop one lefty batter between now and opening day, so I can trot out 3 righties against the likes of Haymaker, Klipper, Heredia, and Rueter. If I am 6 lefty 3 righty Klip becomes average. Haymaker (without knowing his card but seeing he is a 7m 6L) becomes below average, and Heredia and Rueter become average for their price ranges. Oh and by the way, when Pineiro pitches against me, he gets to see 8-9 lefties.
PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour