2017 Finals Vote for CAP/DH/Draft Order

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

Re: 2017 Finals Vote for CAP/DH/Draft Order

PostTue Feb 06, 2018 4:53 pm

For the past several years we let SOM randomize the league. I haven't done the 1-4-7-10 thing for a long time.

The Last Druid

PostTue Feb 06, 2018 4:54 pm

Oh cool. So there is hope!

cristano1

PostTue Feb 06, 2018 4:57 pm

I will send Moose my 5 pack money today, but only if you agree that the loser also has to create a new barnstormers thread and admit he's the loser and fully explain to everyone how he got his a** kicked in the barnstormers finals. He should probably admit he didn't deserve to even be in the finals to begin with. I'd much rather publicly shame a d**chbag than win a 5 pack, is that so wrong? Me having 15 credits instead of 10 credits means nothing to me.

Let me know if we are agreed, and how much a 5 pack is, and I will paypal Moose my funds today.

You won't play in next year's barnstormers anyway, so sitting out a year of barnstormers doesn't punish you at all. I want you to feel ashamed enough to quit strato for a few years, which is exactly what you did after I beat you the last time.

The Last Druid

PostTue Feb 06, 2018 5:04 pm

I prefer not to have to utter untruths so I must decline the sophomoric terms and conditions of your original proposal. I already know that you are a loser, you prove it every time you write something and reinforce it by losing every finals you participate in. And because I also believe you to be delusional, I would derive zero gratification whatever from any forced admission you might make. Perhaps I might have in grade school, but those days are long past.

But the five pack I can live with. I would enjoy earning new credits with your money, particularly from your Trumpesque vocation selling commercial real estate.

cristano1

PostTue Feb 06, 2018 5:23 pm

Well a 5 pack is zero gratification to me. How about we meet in the middle. 1k to the winner, cash? If yes, I will send Moose mine today.

gkhd11a

PostTue Feb 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Just a word of caution Cristano, I am firmly of the opinion that Druid has help from Stratomatic to insure he wins and is able to play for free. Running league, seeing he loses 3 rerunning until he wins 3 and then post results is easy to do, 3 or four times in any league is enough to insure playoffs and 90-95 wins, I have zero faith this is a fair contest. All you need is one friend in the right place in order to become BDOC.

The Last Druid

PostTue Feb 06, 2018 6:14 pm

No thanks re the 1K. I'm retiring and am risk averse, even on an almost sure thing.

Speaking of delusional. You may have met your match with Schimpf. I have no contact with SOM other than the public forums. I'm probably their harshest and most vocal critic and I hate the way they do business. But because I won a bunch of rings over a 20 team span a year ago Schimpf came up with the absolutely psychotic theory that they help me win. Never mind that shortly after that I went almost 30 leagues in a row without a ring, despite maintaining my current roughly .549 atg 8 winning pct during that span. I guess with Schimpf's logic, they decided to "help" someone else. Maybe Nev, it was around the time I coaxed him back that the drought began. :lol: :roll:

mighty moose

PostWed Feb 07, 2018 3:10 pm

Fascinating :roll: and removed.

Sox and Morpheus will indeed clash in a Game 7 tonight at Sox's Gigantic Forbes Field '57 to wrap up the League 1 Championship. Best of luck to them BOTH. The Winner will report back here to make his CAP and DH selection and draft pick (only 10 and 11 left).

As stated in another thread, one finalist is on vacation so the live draft will start NO SOONER than Tuesday Feb 12. If any other Finalist has any commitments that will infringe upon a live draft just after Feb 12, please speak up.

1. The Last Druid - 100 Mil / (80 NO DH 100 DH) / 1st pick
2. Hank O - Not playing
2. labratory - 80 Mil / (80 NO DH 100 NO DH) / 2nd pick
3. DonFESQ - 100 Mil / (80 DH 100 DH) (confirmation needed) / 3rd pick
4. hallerose - 100 Mil / (80 DH 100 DH) / 4th pick
5. cristano1 - 80 Mil / (80 DH 100 DH) / 5th pick
6. JohnnyBlazers - 80 Mil / (80 DH 100 DH) / 6th pick
7. mjruth - 100 Mil / (80 NO DH 100 NO DH) / 7th pick
8. tmfw30 - 80 Mil / (80 NO DH 100 NO DH) / 12th pick
9. BDWard - 100 Mil / (80 NO DH 100 NO DH) / 8th pick
10. andycummings65 - 100 Mil (80 DH 100 DH) / 9th pick
11. Sox040713 -
12. sociophil -

Draft picks 10-11 are available.

Running total

100 Mil - 6
80 Mil - 4

The Last Druid

PostWed Feb 07, 2018 5:33 pm

Rick, is it possible once the draft order is determined, to have SOM then randomize us into our divisions, before the live draft begins. It would be a big help to know who your division opponents are, which is always the case with the current SOM live draft app and used to be the case with the BS finals DD draft. I am not quibbling over the defunct 1,4,7,10 etc order as I always felt that was not fully equitable either, the East always had the toughest division in theory with lower mean pick order. Knowing the precise draft order in advance certainly impacts both the parks that are chosen and draft strategy during the live portion of the draft and offers more opportunity for strategic maneuvering. As always, my motivation is to maximize the opportunity for skill and to reduce the role of random luck.

mighty moose

PostWed Feb 07, 2018 6:26 pm

First, we haven't been doing this in the past. Second, I speculate that - you - being who you are, MAY be stronger at prepping for your division mates than most of the others in the finals. That might give you an advantage.

And ANYONE that I could recruit to do a random run would have the opportunity to jump in here and look over the finals thread and "manipulate" it. So the ONLY one I would trust would be SOM themselves, Garcia or some other nameless monkey who answers the 365support@ line.

I would only consider it if more of your finalists post and express an approval to get SOM to randomize the league.

Otherwise, status quo.

PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour