200 mil Salary CAP - TIPS-TECHNIQUES

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

Assmeriten

Re: 200 mil Salary CAP - TIPS-TECHNIQUES

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 6:01 pm

there is no strategy. I always have hated this event. I constally get burned in the draft even when I don't have all the studs on my draft card. It is all the luck of HAL both good and bad. Once again this year team will be below .500 . Also hurts as the July event is the team I dedicate to the memory of my father. :(

mburatti76

Re: 200 mil Salary CAP - TIPS-TECHNIQUES

PostMon Sep 18, 2017 10:05 pm

In retrospect, I ended up enjoying this event a lot more than I expected to. I think the Live draft had a lot to do with that. I was able to secure Maddux, Vaughan, Barnes, and Simmons with my top 4 picks. I only got 4 of my top 15 in the autodraft in my 2016 event. So the Live draft tip I believe is a good one.

The other thing that helped a lot was watching the transactions like a hawk during the preseason to correct some of the mistakes I made during the draft. I was able to quickly grab Jose Fernandez, Sale, Haddix, and Mike Jackson in the preseason when others dropped them and then Satchel Paige and Jeter during the 5% and they all helped my team a good bit. On the flip side, I also picked Lee Smith up after someone tossed him back and he was basically the achilles heel to my team all season. Win some lose some.

But overall, 85 wins and a quick bouncing from the playoffs, thanks DonFEsquire, a pretty solid showing for me in a 200 mil cap.

Thanks to all who contributed their tips for the novices like me.
Previous

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour