Dumping players will get you in big trouble.

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

tmfw30

Re: Dumping players will get you in big trouble.

PostFri Aug 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Tried to email this to Mighty Moose but the email got kicked back so I'll post it. Just an explanation of recent roster changes that (hopefully) indicate I'm not just a self-sabotaging idiot (rather, an idiot in the draft):

I'm guessing this isn't as much of an issue given the $140m cap, but just in case it raises any eyebrows I wanted to explain the roster changes I just did for Darwin Barniequests2 in Event #5 league 10.

Went from $5.49m Campanelle/ $4.27m Delancey platoon to the $7.51m Campanella full time card. Puts more dollar value in my starting lineup plus Delancey sucks I never should have drafted him; I was getting too cute with my roster.

Dropped Herb Score (7.91) for Hal Newhouser (7.24). Herb was the wrong card for my power-heavy ballpark and division - giving up 38hr in 99 innings.

Switched out Suggs for Wilcy Moore to make the above possible.

I realize in-season roster changes are generally a loser's game but I wanted to explain my rationale. -matt

Mr Baseball World

PostFri Aug 25, 2017 4:05 pm

Thanks for the post. I will give it a shot passing it to moose. He's the boss but my understanding is that you only are at risk if you drop your roster value to below 90% of the original amount. At 140 mill that would mean falling below 126 million. You are above 137 mill as I recall and a long way off. Always good to be proactive though so appreciate your post.

mighty moose

PostFri Aug 25, 2017 4:37 pm

I dropped my Sonic account. Use my Comcast mail to reach me, like MrBBW did.

Yes like Rick said, this is not a concern until your salary APPROACHES the 10% below cap level area. And by that time, you will most likely already have found yourself losing even MORE than ever before due to just having made that many changes.

Some strategic roster changes are always welcome, but the players that lost control of their teams were showing some 45-55 drops in both pitching and hitting. Some tendencies I was seeing was dropping a player they just acquired after only a single 3 game set. THAT mindset is just tossing money away.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Moose

mighty moose

PostThu Jun 07, 2018 12:55 pm

This has happened again in Barnstormers 2018. A team was taken over as a massively out of whack division is now on display. It's not something I like to do, to make a decision to have SOM take over a team but complaints from others in the league forced action to be taken. As I said, a pattern of dropping players will generally WORSEN the chances of a team getting better.

If you just look at the top 20 players in the Barnstormers standings, you wont find anyone with a sizable drop in overall team net worth, or more than 1 or 2 player changes. It's just not the mark of a top player.

I'll try to flag this post and mention it in the next general league loading announcement.
Previous

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour