Help us - what would you like to see in Barnstormers 2017 ?

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

Help us - what would you like to see in Barnstormers 2017 ?

PostSun Feb 19, 2017 9:31 pm

If you were brought here due to an e-mail to all 2016 players, thanks for playing this year. The Final Championship League has nearly completed it's first week - please check out the action and follow it during this event - at:

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/league/432414

Now that you're here, the Board of Directors is gathering now and we will discuss what changes (if any) we would like to agree on for the 2017 tour. We welcome your suggestions as well. One thing I would like to say it that I am not open to big changes, I have always wanted to keep the CORE of the Barnstormers Tour the way it is. One item I would like to hear input on is the 200 Mil event - should we leave it on or toss it out ? One board member is interested in reviewing the points awarded for making and advancing in the playoffs. Should it stay the same, should it be changed ? If so, how will the changes benefit the tour ? Who will benefit ?

One thing, I wish to keep the tour in a way that will encourage ALL those that play the ATG game, vets and newbies alike - we benefit from potential bigger and more prizes if I can negotiate with SOM how much we bring in for them. I am always trying to get more for our group and more players will help this cause.

Some have said that ATG may even die off completely and they wouldn't even still be playing without this tour. That's all well and good, so let's together decide what will grow it and attract more people to it.

Thanks again for playing again this year, I have everyone's e-mail address - I expect the signup sheet will be out in March for an Event #1 start, right around the time that MLB plays it's opening week.

Moose

BruceF

Re: Help us - what would you like to see in Barnstormers 201

PostSun Feb 19, 2017 10:02 pm

1. I would shorten the tournament and run 5 leagues--60, 80, 100, 140, 200, Keep all five scores.
2. Give one point for each regular season, division, and WS win.
3. Take top 12 ranking players into the championship.
4. Next 72 players go to semifinals.
5. 12 top ranked owners and 12 semifinal playoff teams go to a 24 team championship league.

pacoboy

PostSun Feb 19, 2017 10:12 pm

I'd like to go back to having at least 1 round a sub-set round (AL or NL).

YountFan

PostSun Feb 19, 2017 10:53 pm

I don't like extra points for playoff and championships, it discounts wins. Like Bruce said, just count the wins. Just because HAL screwed you in game seven is. To reason for a 5 or 10 point disadvantage..

I also like the idea of one less event since it saves me some money since I am going to lose anyway
Posted by the real YountFan

mburatti76

PostSun Feb 19, 2017 11:10 pm

I'd like to see the 200 million tossed out and play another 80 million instead.

STEVE F

PostSun Feb 19, 2017 11:21 pm

YountFan wrote:I don't like extra points for playoff and championships, it discounts wins. Like Bruce said, just count the wins. Just because HAL screwed you in game seven is. To reason for a 5 or 10 point disadvantage..

I also like the idea of one less event since it saves me some money since I am going to lose anyway

This. a win should be a win

Brothersatm

PostSun Feb 19, 2017 11:35 pm

I second this idea

3. Take top 12 ranking players into the championship.
4. Next 72 players go to semifinals.
5. 12 top ranked owners and 12 semifinal playoff teams go to a 24 team championship league.

It would be more fun for more players

Another idea. Unlimited entrees

robert.kosky

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 12:19 am

First off, I'd like to thank Moose for all his work. He does an outstanding job with getting the tournament off the ground and he also replies to any inquiries quickly and accurately.

Secondly, I think bonus points should be awarded whenever a team makes the playoffs and/or wins the championship. And I like having the number of current rounds as well, with the lowest number of points dropped.

Having a variety of caps is ideal, so please keep the 200M leagues.

As a change, I like the idea of the top 12 teams advancing to the finals with another 12 teams earning their way after a semi-finals playoff.

JohnnyBlazers

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 1:58 am

Id like the 200 million event eliminated and replaced with an 80m, AL/NL subset. 200 Imo is luck of the draw. Make it more challenging. For Finals, I would do the following:

1) TOP 9
2) 2 Semifinals leagues (top 10-33). two 12-team leagues - 2 champs move into finals
3) 1 Semifinal league (top 34-57). one-24 team league, 100m - champ moves into finals. This gives more players a chance to move into money round and keeps interest

I think the way points are currently assigned for wins, playoffs, semifinals, finals is good - should get a bonus for advancing.

tplatypi

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 9:42 am

Eliminate 200 mil and replace with another 80 mil league. There aren't enough good players for 200 mil to be fair and competitive.

Otherwise I see no need for changes.
Next

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour