Just missed!

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

Re: Just missed!

PostThu Nov 10, 2016 10:01 am

Oops, we overlooked The Timelords who just got into the Finals in league 11 - with a world series victory (Game 1 just starting) - he could get to 450 points and knock the Sox out of the Semi's. Woe is me. :oops:

Three others players are still in playoffs, but their outcomes wont affect the Top 9 or Top 45.

Sorry Mr. Timelords, if you manage to get in, I have have SOM give you your credit to advance.

sociophil

PostThu Nov 10, 2016 11:20 am

Thanks Mighty for your hard work this year! My Engineers pulled it out in game seven of the finals! I feel very fortunate to have squeaked into the top 9, and very honored to have joined such a successful group of managers.

mighty moose

PostThu Nov 10, 2016 11:33 am

Great job Phil to get in there among the Gods.

SOM has informed me that they have awarded the credits. If one or two of you can confirm, I'd appreciate it.

Because of The Timelords still playing in his finals, I will of course have to put the semi's on hold until this outcome is known.

Moose

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostThu Nov 10, 2016 12:15 pm

sociophil wrote:Thanks Mighty for your hard work this year! My Engineers pulled it out in game seven of the finals! I feel very fortunate to have squeaked into the top 9, and very honored to have joined such a successful group of managers.

I need to second this thought as I too feel extremely fortunate to have squeaked out that last spot in the top 9 after threading an incredibly tight needle. Not only am I honored to join them, I am also intimidated a bit because as I look at their records in the preliminary rounds my first thought is

"Holy crap! These guys are amazing!"

mastermosser56

PostThu Nov 10, 2016 1:47 pm

Got credit, good work, waiting for semi assignments. Will you email or post on boards?

mighty moose

PostThu Nov 10, 2016 3:45 pm

Probably both. Still need wait for The Timelords to see if he moves up to a spot.

mighty moose

PostThu Nov 10, 2016 11:54 pm

Upon further review - The Timelords - if he wins his WS - he TIES with 450 points. Which again puts him in a 4 way tie with Casey89-Sox040713-Rosie2167

Looking again at the tiebreakers, he would only have 1 WS win if he wins event 6 - Casey89 still ahead. Event 6 will be only his 2nd playoff appearance. Both Sox and Rosie ahead.

Timelords will not advance, Semi-Finals will proceed.

mighty moose

PostFri Nov 11, 2016 1:29 am

Semi-Finals leagues created, the 36 players randomized by Frank in the main ATG forum - passwords and semi-finals invitations by e-mail have gone out. 1 week deadline to enter teams. Anyone still a no show, I will advise Rosie who will have 24 hours to enter a team.

thanks all.

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostFri Nov 11, 2016 10:02 am

mighty moose wrote:Semi-Finals leagues created, the 36 players randomized by Frank in the main ATG forum - passwords and semi-finals invitations by e-mail have gone out. 1 week deadline to enter teams. Anyone still a no show, I will advise Rosie who will have 24 hours to enter a team.

thanks all.

Moose,

I hate to be the fly in the ointment here, but are you sure about this? As I look at the tie at 450, Casey has 2 finals and 0 Champs, Rosie has 1 final, 0 Champs and 3 playoffs, while Sox has 1 final, 0 Champs and 4 playoffs. If Timelords wins his final, he will hit 450 BUT will have 1 championship, which is the first tiebreaker and should put him in at number 44, with Casey and his 2 finals taking 45.

Maybe I am wrong and missing something, it has happened numerous times before.

Chris

mighty moose

PostFri Nov 11, 2016 2:09 pm

Yeah you're right - recalculating the list - hopefully this is right.

Timelords jumps to the top of the 450 points club and Championships trump (if I may be so presidential) all other tiebreaker rules. Casey comes next with 2 finals over the other two who only have 1. And sox rules over Rosie with 4 playoffs made to 3.

I will advise Sox to hold off on entering a team until later next week. - Thanks for the catch.

-------------------------Champs Finals Playoffs

---------------Timelords---------1 1 2
---------------Casey--------------0 2 3
---------------Sox-----------------0 1 4
---------------Rosie---------------0 1 3
PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour