Event #4 - 200 Mil Live Draft and Autodraft

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

Event #4 - 200 Mil Live Draft and Autodraft

PostFri Jun 24, 2016 4:20 pm

Tonight, Event #4 e-mails will go out. This is an advance notice until then. 3 Live Draft leagues have been created for next week Tues-Wed-Thurs for 7 pm PST / 10 pm EST - this is the ideal live draft time. These are the ideal live draft days. No discussion. Turns will be one minute per pick. Trust me, any longer than that will drive you crazy. Please be an experienced live drafter as no adjustments will be made if you botch it up or fail to show up after entering your team into it. - PASSWORDS to ALL LEAGUES will go out in the e-mails you will receive.

If you prefer the traditional Autodraft, a bunch of leagues will be setup for that too. If your Live Draft league does not fill, we can try for the week AFTER, but be prepared to jump ship for Autodraft if we do not get enough for your league to go. If Live Draft is important to you, feel free to jump to one of the Live Drafts that may be filling faster than your league. Anything to get yours to launch. As soon as one player is in, I will pull my filler team out.

To the one that will become the new holder of the time and date keys, DO NOT change the time and date or pick duration that this has been setup for without express approval from me, and only then not until I have contacted everyone in the league and gotten their OK.

Any questions on Event #4 - 200 Mil DH ? Oh and please be sure not to repeat your stadium groupings unless you like to lose 25 wins in a penalty. With the e-mail at the bottom of it will be a list of what groupings you have used for the first three events. It's not much but it's the best I can throw together on short notice. I hope it formats ok on your e-mail program. If you want, e-mail me and ask what groupings you have used. I spent 5 hours on them today getting them all tabulated and sorted.

Thanks

Mighty Moose

STEVE F

Re: Event #4 - 200 Mil Live Draft and Autodraft

PostFri Jun 24, 2016 5:18 pm

I'd like to live draft but I'm afraid with my current work schedule it will probably not be possible. The only times I could really guarantee being free for live draft would be a Sat or Sun between 11 am and 3 or 4 pm Pacific time.
I'm ok with auto draft, it is what it is as they say

mighty moose

PostFri Jun 24, 2016 5:26 pm

I did an informal poll one time on which days are better to do things like this. It was 9 to 1 weekdays are better than weekends. Although the ones that holler the loudest are the weekenders. When I send out the "time to enter your event" e-mail, the big uptick in people entering leagues is on Monday's - AFTER the weekend. Maybe some people don't even look at e-mails until they get back to work on Monday. Many of the e-mails I have for people are work e-mails.

Either way, I wont get enough people to live draft on the weekend but I appreciate your thoughts. I think I am gone most of the weekend going shopping at Costco, going to movies, going to the ballpark - just doing all the fun stuff I didn't get to do all week.

But as they say, your mileage may vary. :)

mditka891

PostMon Jun 27, 2016 3:18 pm

No live drafts are listed in the join a league section.

Plenty of auto drafts but have never seen a LD yet.

chris

MARCPELLETIER

PostMon Jun 27, 2016 6:34 pm

Maybe they are all loaded. Mine (Thursday) is loaded.

mighty moose

PostMon Jun 27, 2016 10:21 pm

You have to go to your draft list then 200 Mil salary cap and click CHANGE, then select option #2 draft type and pick live draft. You cant see any live drafts without switching your team to LIVE DRAFT.

Further, within your team page you could also go to COMMUNITY, then LEAGUE DIRECTORY and under the private leagues, see the LIVE DRAFTS listed and how many players are in them.

Muadib1950

PostWed Jun 29, 2016 4:08 pm

The Round 4 Live Draft 2 just filled for a Wed. night live draft kicking off at 10 PM ET. Sign in to pick up your racing Bibs anytime after 9:30 ET! And off we go ... only 60 seconds per pick! Thanks for the Big Assist Moose getting us filled!

Muadib1950

PostWed Jun 29, 2016 4:10 pm

mditka891 wrote:No live drafts are listed in the join a league section.

Plenty of auto drafts but have never seen a LD yet.

chris

Glad you found me Chris & got entered for tonight's Live Draft League 2. Go Ditka ... at least some of the times any way says Walter Payton.

mighty moose

PostThu Jul 07, 2016 12:20 pm

Event #4 - closed !

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour