2015 Finals - Top 9 and vote

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

labratory

Re: 2015 Finals - Top 9 and vote

PostFri Feb 05, 2016 6:52 pm

Just for the record, I had also planned for a Monday start as long as the waivers period was concluded on Saturday. That's why I entered my team immediately after the draft was over.

If we start on Monday, I'd like to invite you all to my Super Bowl party. I'm sure I'll be having a great time watching a football game between two teams I don't like with a house full of people who are breaking things and talking about politics and doritos commercials.

sociophil

PostFri Feb 05, 2016 9:30 pm

Mighty Moose,

Something went wrong. I drafted Sinatro but have Engle on my roster for some reason. I double checked my draft list and got all of the players I listed on the top 10 but have Engle instead of Sinatro on my roster. Why would this be the case?

Sociophil

mighty moose

PostFri Feb 05, 2016 10:51 pm

He wound up on cristano1's team. As soon as waivers clears, cristano1 must offer a trade to you for him. - An e-mail confirmation of the trade is on the way to you both.

FYI - Sinatro was drafted in the final round. Possible he missed it.

mighty moose

PostMon Feb 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Please verify that you have concluded the trade of Sinatro and that everyone is GO for first pitch ??

sociophil

PostTue Feb 09, 2016 12:44 pm

Sorry, I missed your request. Yes we completed the trade. Thank you.

Good luck to everyone.

mighty moose

PostTue Mar 29, 2016 6:24 pm

Interesting how much cristano1's team in dominating. Is this a sure sign of a playoff disaster ?

Comments ?

Rosie2167

PostWed Mar 30, 2016 7:32 pm

mighty moose wrote:Interesting how much cristano1's team in dominating. Is this a sure sign of a playoff disaster ?

Comments ?

LOL, we can only hope! well I can only hope now that I've been eliminated. It's up to the remaining few that have a shot at him. Here's some inside info for you...cristano1 made sure to let us know how he calculated his victory before the season started! All in good fun I'm sure but quite a large serving of cockiness...but you have to say he's walked the walk.

I look forward to my next opportunity to compete against him and all the other finalists. Thanks again Moose for all the effort, I wish it wasn't so much fun so I could learn a language, take up karate or run for the GOP nomination.

Cheers
Rosie

gkhd11a

PostThu Mar 31, 2016 1:43 pm

A very interesting final which I have been following, the top 4 run scoring teams will make the playoffs

Only one small ball team. Cristano's is going to make the playoffs and that team has Gibson at catcher and Dimaggio in CF and Boone at 3B and still teams pitch 50% lefties against it. Sociophil’s team with Juan Gonzalez Bagwell Lance Parrish and Dhigo got over 50% lefties thrown at it, the Elys had OPS of .925 against the lefties and .786 versus righties. Cristano is goign at .858 versus lefties and .786 versus righties, really good for small ball and with 50% lefties. The league with emphasis on lefty pitching and no need for a bullpen was apparently perfectly anticipated by Cristano.

I thought the Arlington Aces were the best chance of an upset if they could make the playoffs but I think in the end the stealing was a bit overzealous with 28 outs at third base and home.

In the playoffs Cristano has got a strong starting rotation of all righties that is going to play well against the teams making the playoffs with strength against left handed pitching. Dice can be troublesome and if Gibson and Dimaggio goes down for 15 each in the first game or two of the playoffs he would be in trouble, I see he is resting them trying to avoid exactly that but he has an amazing advantage otherwise against most of the teams, with the worst matchup for him probably being if Sociophil’s team is the wild card.

A very interesting league that was fun to watch congratulations to all and

sociophil

PostTue Apr 05, 2016 8:48 pm

Let's not forget the massive three way trade that shook up the league midway through the season! Bagwell sparked a renaissance in the Ely clubhouse, and Pineiro has been a key piece of the puzzle. The biggest improvement, however, came through subtraction rather than addition by way of shipping that clubhouse poison called Rogers Hornsby out of town. Hopefully the Elys will find a way to trip up the creatively named cristano1 barn15-F in the semi-finals.

sociophil

PostMon Apr 11, 2016 2:45 pm

Congrats to our new ATG Champ RBURGH! I never saw that sweep coming. CRISTANO had the best team over the course of the season, but as he noted, the team with the most wins is not always the team that wins it all. I enjoyed the competition and will be studying the masters to improve my teams play. Now on to the 2016 tournament!
PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour