Poll for 2014 Tournament

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

Please answer the following question so that we can make the tournament even better. Do you prefer:

Poll ended at Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:18 am

No live draft events
41%
1 Live Draft event
32%
2 Live Draft events
19%
3 Live Draft events
5%
4 Live Draft events
No votes
5 Live Draft events
No votes
6 Live Draft events
3%

Total votes : 59

• Author

Chuck1234

Re: Poll for 2014 Tournament

PostTue Feb 18, 2014 12:44 pm

Suggestion, those who want a live draft in 1 or two of the leagues, maybe can split like the 60M/140M leagues for those who have the time and a autodraft for those who don't have the time. At least until we know the bugs are worked out. You can sign up for either. AND IT WAS COLD UP NORTH AND IT TOOK ME 3 HOURS TO SHOVEL OUT THE DRIVEWAY!!!!!!!
BRRRRRR...

Sincerely,
Delivery Boy..

mighty moose

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 1:35 am

A couple of things here. Live Draft still has some serious bugs in it that are disturbing to myself and the board. Also, we are still awaiting the modifications while will allow a draft to move at the 3 hour per pick speed. This is hinted at as "on the way" in upcoming improvements, but I don't feel good about scheduling a Live Draft at the present time. SOM has come a long way, but it's not ready for us.

Let's hope it's ready for the 2014 Semi-Finals and Finals, but on the basis of the vote, it's not something that people are demanding.

Barnstormers is still something that is an invitational tournament for EVERYONE, skilled and novice but for an advanced feature like Live Draft, it absolutely has to have timings that work for the novice. Let's give the boys a few more months to get the bugs out, then we can revisit this feature.

Moose

Chuck1234

PostWed Feb 19, 2014 12:24 pm

Delivery Boy votes for at least 1 live draft. How are we going to know if it works if we don't actually attempt to screw it up! :mrgreen:
1 Live Draft for 100M vote cast!

Sincerely,
Delivery Boy...

frog17

PostSun Feb 23, 2014 2:41 pm

What if we did a draft through the message boards at least for a certain # of rounds. That has been done for leagues before, and although it tends to take a while, I enjoyed that. If we did it for one event, we wouldn't have to deal with the live draft feature on the site, and people could opt out of the event and still participate in enough events if they didn't feel like dealing with it.
Just a thought. Rick, is this something you could discuss with the board :?:

mastermosser32

PostMon Feb 24, 2014 12:39 pm

i have missed this tourney the last few years, so my input is sort of worthless. I would like to see at least 1 live draft, uncapped, just let it fly kind of league since yhall don't seem to do the 200 mil set.

What is the eta on sign-ups so i do not miss it this year?

mighty moose

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 10:52 am

mastermosser32 wrote:
What is the eta on sign-ups so i do not miss it this year?

Waiting on SOM to create the main tourney page, signups to start within the next week.

danielz

PostSat Jul 19, 2014 4:27 pm

Thanks for all the hard work and effort Moose!
But don't EVER do a 200 league again unless you have at least a 6 or 8 round draft.

mighty moose

PostSat Jul 19, 2014 8:25 pm

Daniel,

Looks to me like you had a bad draft. You have more money left to spend than almost anyone else in the league. Looks like you didn't rank any premier pitchers high and may have put a lot of higher dollar players too far down the rankings list.

The reason the 200 league is a challenge is because how you rank people in the draft is one of the key strategies of 200 mil. There have been threads in the main forum on what works in 200 Mil. Many have read it. Even though a few more players have been added to ATG8, 200 Mil is brutal on the autodraft. Money to spend, no one to buy.

Sorry you didn't like it, but once the 200 Mil season is close to ending, I will put out a poll and find out what everyone thought about it. If push comes to shove and you are that much against it, you only have to play in 5 out of 6 events and you can always skip the 200 Mil event. That being said, if most of the feedback on the 200 Mil is negative, it will be up for a board vote on keeping or dropping for next year.

Thanks - Moose

mighty moose

PostSun Jul 20, 2014 12:39 pm

danielz wrote:Thanks for all the hard work and effort Moose!
But don't EVER do a 200 league again unless you have at least a 6 or 8 round draft.

And also, I appreciate the comment about the 6 or 8 round draft, but how do you propose we do this? Diamond Dope draft is no longer up, and the SOM live draft app is only for a full 25 rounds. Do we do it on this message forum? How long do you think it will take to do this? And it sounds like a tremendous amount of setup that I would have to do and then the usual "players who goes missing for days" issues that I have to manage.

There is no doubt that the 200 Mil event has it's own unique challenges, much of which starts out with the rankings and the draft. In fact, I think I mentioned this in the e-mail that went out about the event starting.

Moose
Previous

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour