Preparations for Semi's and the Finals

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

Preparations for Semi's and the Finals

PostSat Oct 26, 2013 2:42 pm

Event #6 has concluded for the Early leagues - but many other leagues still have playoffs in progress that could affect the players final totals and final placement. The point postings therefore will have a slew of players that have a potential for 15 more points if they win their WS. (The 5 points for making the playoffs have already been posted)

BruceF has won the coveted #1 spot - no one can overtake him. He will have first choice of the live drafting position for the Finals. Also, every player in the finals will have a vote on league format, 80 or 100 mil, DH or no DH.

Right now, we are trying to see which ones will make finals and semifinals. I've already done some calculations, hopefully I didnt miss any possibilities.

cb3137 can still earn 15 more points to earn 509 and move from being a semi-finalist to a finalist and bump Roosky out of the Top 9. cb3137 can only do this by being the 1 in 4 in the league 9 playoffs to win his WS ring.

There are several players sitting at a tie for the last spots for the semi's at 450 points. (positions 42-45)

All of these players are finished and can earn no more points. They all are in a 4 way tie with 450 points.

chunga1
andycummings65
DonFESQ
marsta58

There are players below them with the POTENTIAL to finish at 450 or more points.

Mesquiton is in the playoffs and can still earn 15 more points to finish at 450 (and be part of the tiebreaker)

If Mesquiton can also reach 450, here is the tiebreaker order.

Tiebreakers
1. Championships won
2. Finals made
3. Playoffs made
4. Regular season total wins
5. No. of events played
6. Pick 3 winner

I hope I havent missed anything or anybody. This took some time to calculate, but I may have needed more coffee in order to be more accurate.

At any rate, for those of you just dropping in to check on the semi's and finals, thanks for playing this year and I hope to see you all back for Barnstormers 2014, forming likely in January.

Moose

rburgh

Re: Preparations for Semi's and the Finals

PostSat Oct 26, 2013 8:49 pm

Are those the same tiebreaks as for the #3/#4 spot? If so, springer has me on the basis of most finals - he got to 4 of them and I only got to 3. He also slaughtered me on run differential, but that's apparently not an issue.

For those of you of a mind to worry about such things, springer had 3 teams win 96 or 97 games and they combined for only one playoff series win, while his 3 teams that failed to win 90 all made the final and two won it all.

mighty moose

PostSun Oct 27, 2013 2:09 am

On the basis of most finals made, springer0432 does have you 4-3 - but really the only advantage is a single draft pick. I will make the posting in the finals thread.

Hank Henry

PostTue Oct 29, 2013 11:15 pm

I thought only 5 of your 6 best results count. So the current totals are meaningless until you subtract everyone's worse league result. So what is with the 450 win counts?

Outta Leftfield

PostTue Oct 29, 2013 11:32 pm

Hank Henry wrote:I thought only 5 of your 6 best results count. So the current totals are meaningless until you subtract everyone's worse league result. So what is with the 450 win counts?

The worst season automatically drops off the count if and when the sixth season's total points surpasses the manager's worst season.

If you count any manager's total points, you'll see that their worst season isn't included in the total. ;)

mighty moose

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 11:13 am

The Timelords wrote:Wow... I had no idea that I even had a chance for the finals, not having ever made them before! I guess I better get the whip out for my team.....

Geez... looking at the team I have to play, I have my work cut out for me!

Part 1 completed, a sweep in the Semi - now just to wait for the Finals to play out. Good job Dr.J

The Timelords

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 11:21 am

Yup.... the whip is working so far, despite Honus' .177 BA......

Mr Baseball World

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 2:10 pm

I am confused. When I look at the standings Dr J has 430 points and with only 15 possible additional doesn't that put his max at 445?

I thought homefield was going to be the key in my semi-final but am down 3-1 in the "other semifinal" in that league. tonight I get eliminated in Game 5 but still get to go get crushed in the Barnstormers semifinal round. :oops:

Chompsky

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 6:02 pm

What fun this has been. Any sense when the Semis will start? Work has ebbs and flows for me, so the earlier I know the better so I can get the team together. Thanks for a great experience!!

rburgh

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 11:03 pm

The 450 "win counts" also include 5 bonus points for making the playoffs, another 5 for making the final, and finally 10 more for winning a ring. Thus BruceF did not field 5 teams that averaged 108 WINS in 6 tries, but that logged 540 points via a combination of wins and bonus points.
Next

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour