Up next, Event #2 80 Mil NO DH

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

Up next, Event #2 80 Mil NO DH

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 11:31 pm

Event #2 being 2 to 3 weeks away, we can now reflect on the Event #1 launch. As of tonight, the last league #6 launches with 137 tour players and 7 players in Event #6 playing as non competing fillers. Many positive comments and praise for Event #1's unique format. Maybe we can try a variation of this later in the tournament. We are also ever hopeful for SOM's release of a Live Draft app for us to test.

Event #2 will get back to basics with a more conservative 80 Mil, NO DH autodraft event. (Back to 12 teams in a league) We will use randomized divisions going forward for EVERY Barnstormers autodraft, but for Event #2, I will assign a board of directors member to use a randomizing web site to set your league assignments.

By that time, I will have a chart of your stadiums used to date (well at least of the stadium you used for Event #1) so that you can know what stadium grouping NOT TO USE for future events. Lots of new players this year, so you vets - please don't get frustrated if I drill this point home in all of my e-mails for tour communications and league assignments.

Since I am dealing with SO many players, in a week or two I might solicit for one or two EARLY LEAGUES that will take volunteers to jump in a league first come, first served. Easier to handle (2) 12-team leagues at a time than 12. Will send out a mail to all players when I get ready for that.

We can still take new player signups to the tour if you know someone and point them my direction, but since they missed event #1, then will have to play all of the remaining events and they cannot drop their low event. Still, with a few good events, they could still do well in the tournament. As always, feel free to communication your questions and comments to the Moose at moose@sirmightymoose.com

macnole

Re: Up next, Event #2 80 Mil NO DH

PostSun Apr 21, 2013 9:21 pm

The email for event 2 was not clear to me. Everyone needs to respond to that email NOW/STANDARD/LATE or DROP?

mighty moose

PostMon Apr 22, 2013 2:43 am

It might be easier to REPLY to the e-mail if you have a question rather than post here where I may not see it as quickly.

While an e-mail to me with your preference for EARLY, STANDARD, LATE or DROP might be helpful and appreciated, what I am looking for here is if you want to play early, I need to know NOW. If you want in the standard leagues, that's assumed. If you want to be in the LATE leagues or you want to DROP, I need to know that soon, so I dont schedule you in the STANDARD leagues.

I hope this makes things clearer.

macnole

PostMon Apr 22, 2013 6:17 am

It does, thanks. Yes I could have REPLIED to the email, but then thought you could answer it once here for the benefit of all, as I thought it was possible I wasn't the only one confused by the second paragraph of the email, which said:

"Communications is the key here, let me know what you want to do for your EVENT #2 team. – NOW-STANDARD-LATE- or even DROP if that is your desire."

Was just trying to save you time.

cheers

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour