Board of Directors 2013 plus your input

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

Board of Directors 2013 plus your input

PostMon Dec 03, 2012 9:14 pm

I'm pleased to announce some updates to the Barnstormers Board of Directors effective immediately.

Mr.BaseballWorld-Rick
gkhd11a-Charlie
BruceF-Bruce
andycummings65-Andy
MightyMoose-Rick

The board is responsible for debating and ruling on any tournament matters that may come up during the course of the events. Supplementally, we will also discuss any changes that may get introduced into ATG by the owners (SOM) and may also discuss the event structure and any possible rule changes that will go into the 2013 tournament. As always, I do try to keep the CORE of the Barnstormers as it always has been, but board members in the past have come up with suggestions and rule changes which have improved on the tournament and have stayed in. The board members will also take turns doing the player randomization for an event by using a randomizing method or web site of their choice.

Your input into the future of the this annual ATG event is always appreciated for what you might like to see for one of the 6 events. Or if you would like to propose a rule change amendment.

As Barnstormers enters it's 11th consecutive year of being the premier ATG event, we've kept the CORE of it intact and routinely have from 100-150 participants each year.

We take this opportunity to thank Bernie and TSN (and now the Strat-O-Matic Corp.) for sponsoring our event and donating the great prizes we now enjoy. And for the web space for the main tournament standings page and the scoring automation built into it.

Please leave your suggestions below that the board will take to the table to discuss.

Mighty Moose, Barnstormers Tour Commissioner

Spider 67

Re: Board of Directors 2013 plus your input

PostMon Dec 03, 2012 10:25 pm

Rick, thanks for the work you (and the Board) do to make this such an interesting tournament. This is my first year for participating in the Barnstormers and it has been extremely well-run.

I have a question (maybe it's also a suggestion). This may be clear in the rules, but I can find the answer. In the Barnstormers semi-finals, is the stadium we select restricted to a "group" not used in a previous league? My suggestion would be that it must come from a stadium group not used to calculate our final standings. (Even if we participated in 6 events, we could choose from two groups not used in our standings.)

mighty moose

PostMon Dec 03, 2012 10:33 pm

I've just reviewed the rules and it states that any stadium may be used for the Championship Round. It SHOULD say that any stadium may be used for both the Semi-Finals and the Final Round. I will make sure that this gets amended for next year. (Unless the board adopts new rules for next year ;) )

So if you do make the Semi-Final round, since this will be AUTODRAFT, any stadium may be used. For the Finals, any stadium may be used but it must be DRAFTED in the LIVE DRAFT. We have never had any stadium restrictions for the Semi's or Finals. It's been my feeling that if you're fortunate enough to make the Semi's and Finals, that you should be able to field the best team that you know how, without restrictions.

Therefore, stadium restrictions by grouping only apply to Events #1 to #6.

Thanks

Moose

Outta Leftfield

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Rick,
So is the Live Draft working now, and can spending limits be set? Is there a plan to set a spending limit on the finals live draft?

mighty moose

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 8:09 pm

There is presently only one place to do live drafts, and that is on Diamond Dope. It can handle any cap we want to throw at it. The Finals will be either 80 or 100 Million, determined by a vote of the finalists.

Thanks

Semper Gumby

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 8:21 am

mighty moose wrote:I've just reviewed the rules and it states that any stadium may be used for the Championship Round. It SHOULD say that any stadium may be used for both the Semi-Finals and the Final Round. I will make sure that this gets amended for next year. (Unless the board adopts new rules for next year ;) )

So if you do make the Semi-Final round, since this will be AUTODRAFT, any stadium may be used. For the Finals, any stadium may be used but it must be DRAFTED in the LIVE DRAFT. We have never had any stadium restrictions for the Semi's or Finals. It's been my feeling that if you're fortunate enough to make the Semi's and Finals, that you should be able to field the best team that you know how, without restrictions.

Therefore, stadium restrictions by grouping only apply to Events #1 to #6.

Thanks

Moose

Moose -

Are the semi-final teams (10-36 places) seeded by their standings?

mighty moose

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 12:28 pm

Seeded for what purpose? If you're among that group, you get a trip to the semi's. The 36 players in the semis will be randomized into 3 leagues which are then in an autodraft league. I'm not sure what advantage you can give by seeding this group.

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour