ATG VII

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

Re: ATG VII

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 11:14 am

If we vote for ATG-VII for the Finals, the Live Draft would have to be switched to drafting on the forums instead of using Diamond Dope. (Or switched to the forums if DD has not been upgraded to ATG-VII players by then) - Keep in mind that the 4 fantasim players would also need to have their prices changed to make DD truly ATG-VII compliant.

BDWard

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 12:24 pm

Strat-o-matic wrote:- We're working on a lot more exciting things; you'll see some if it soon!

The above quote from Strat-o-matic was made with the release of ATG7. As we all know, the online community has been mainly harping about 2 things since the transition, being a return of the manager ratings and implementation of a live draft. The above quote most likely refers to those two oft requested features.

If I remember correctly, the Semis use the autodraft. The Finals, which are AT LEAST three months away, use a live draft. Note that last years Finals did not begin until March 19.

I'd bet my last dollar that SOM has a live draft in place in time for the Finals.

If there is any doubt, surely Rick, of all people, should be able to get some info from SOM about a live draft timetable. After all, through Rick's yeoman (and, I might add, largely uncompensated efforts) SOM makes some decent coin not only on the BSers, but through the buzz created by the BSers tourney. If Rick has no clout with SOM, then who does?

How about it Rick, do you think that you could find out from SOM their timetable for implementing live drafts to assist the BSers board in making a decision?

mighty moose

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 1:19 pm

As you are aware, Bernie has distanced himself from the community. While I did have his TSN e-mail address, he told me to discontinue using it and use the same "onlinesupport" e-mail address that you and everone else uses, and that if the issue was in his court, it would be forwarded to him.

Now I am 100% positive (as an IT person) that he does have a private e-mail address - he just wont give it. At least not to me. Bernie and I have never had the amicable relationship you might expect. At times we have had quite the fiery exchanges over matters related to the tour. There are times when I need their cooperation on tour based issues. For example, to confirm the prizes are still in place or to finish preparing our main standings and rules page. His lack of response to my queries leads me to feel that sometimes I think he just plain ignores me.

After the switchover to SOM, it's been just as difficult for me to reach him as you or anyone else. That being said, I am not aware of any timetable for a live draft application. They OBVIOUSLY know we want it.

This is unfortunate but you raised a valid point and now you have your answer. :cry:

BDWard

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 2:26 pm

Rick: Thanks for your response. Regardless of your relationship, or lack thereof, with Bernie, common sense tells me that it would be unwise for SOM to ignore requests for info from a person of your standing within the online community. Besides, it is unclear what role, if any, Bernie has at SOM. In addition, I always felt that neither you, nor Bernie, ever held any grudges, as any disagreements were more like family fights, where at the end of the day everyone remains part of the same family.

If you feel that any request you make for info about the timetable for live drafts will fall upon deaf ears and that it is a waste of your time to ask, then I'll ask and see what answers I can get.

mighty moose

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 3:05 pm

Even when I do e-mail onlinesupport, the response varies. Sometimes I get a response right away, sometimes it takes days, sometimes - not at all. Depends on what I am asking I guess and how urgent the matter is. I've asked for such things are being able to place a voting topic in the Barnstormers forum, and to increase my rights in this area to be able to edit and delete posts. They handled this swiftly and expertly.

So they are VERY GOOD at some of my requests. But, you ask them when the live draft app will be out, you will never get a reply. Hey, this is no easy thing we are asking Bernie to create - trust me on that.

We have all seen that there is a definate change in the corporate communications policies since the takeover. Whether there really is a "JohnG" or a "whole staff of people" helping Bernie on this conversion or if it's still a one-man show, the behind the scenes info will always be a secret to us. EVERY communication I have ever gotten from them in response to an e-mail to "onlinesupport" has always come FROM "onlinesupport" and has never had a name tied to it inside the e-mail. I have never gotten anything that said or was even implied that it was "Bernie" doing the talking.

So, feel free to get whatever information you can. ;)

gkhd11a

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 8:46 pm

IF we can get the new cards on Diamond Dope then I vote for ATGVII, otherwise we need to stay on ATGVI unchanged. Key is having the finals use Diamond Dope.

Charlie

BDWard

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 1:03 am

mighty moose wrote:Keep in mind, that with the Finals being a live draft, Diamond Dope will need to be upgraded to ATG-VII with all those players. Adrian has not expressed interest in this and has talked about dropping DD completely.

This is a STRONG ARGUMENT for why we may need to stay on ATG-VI for this years finals and the board has been reminded of this.

ADRIANGABRIEL wrote:I am still unsure about adding the new players to the card reader. What I need to do is re-write the site. I made it a pain to add new players to the card reader. Adding new players to the draft is a lot easier and ATG 7 is now on Dope.

I checked DD after I read Adrian's message and it's true, DD now supports live drafts for ATG7.

Hopefully the BSers Semis and the Finals will be on ATG7, since there no longer is a "strong argument" to keep it on ATG6.

mighty moose

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 1:35 pm

The board and I are confirming the Diamond Dope live draft function for all new ATG7 players. Once this process completes, an announcement will be forthcoming, probably tonight.

mighty moose

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 10:14 pm

3 of 4 board members voted to run the Semi's and Finals on ATG7. Further, this stipulation by two board members that the prerequisite was that Diamond Dope make all ATG7 players available for live drafting in a seperate draft category.

We have confirmed that Diamond Dope does in fact have all ATG7 players available for live draft. They are NOT available in the card reader, but we dont care about this.

Therefore, by a board vote of 3-1, Semis and Finals will be on ATG7. The Finals will be a live draft on Diamond Dope.

In ATG7, the juice on the fantasim cards was turned down, so this is no longer an issue.

Thanks for your patience while the board debated the issues.

Moose
Previous

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour