Dumping players will get you in big trouble.

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

dustoid

Re: Dumping players will get you in big trouble.

PostMon Mar 06, 2023 4:28 pm

I am going to taker a much more conservative position and try reassemble players who I actually enjoy at watching play.
Maybe a few studs and a entire roster of mick the stick kellehrs.
:lol:

dustoid

PostWed Mar 29, 2023 2:43 pm

I am absolutely supportive of this no dumping scenario, I feel somewhat personally responsible for there was/is no excuse for what transpired, I screwed up and am still totally behind the resulting ruling.
I feel we are all good people and love the game

Now, my personal, opinion, I believe, we need to make trading more palatable to owners, especially for newbies.
One random thought, is that each league set up a governing panel, to assist, facilitate potential trades. Not sure if this can be implemented before opening day tomorrow, but could be put into effect within a month. I just put the idea there, hoping we all take note of how hard it is to amend rosters.

Finally, good luck to all on this upcoming season. Now play ball!
Jmv.

mighty moose

PostWed Mar 29, 2023 7:37 pm

Joe, I don't want to hash over things that have already been said in this thread but if you just look over the TOP 10 players in the standings, they NEVER cut loose their original players. I don't think top players choose their players because they liked to watch them play quite as much as because they were a "fit" for their ballpark. Even if it's when the drop low rule is only at 5%, the player prices have been calculated very finely by SOM and others that assist them with pricing. The bottom line is that a team with a lower overall value have a lower percentage chance at winning. The more you drop, the worse the team gets.

Obviously SOM agrees with me or they wouldn't have created the 10% rule as mandatory for autoleagues and written hooks for it into the tournament creation options. Their own online rules addresses what will happen to players who dump their teams. Two times being caught doing it and you will never be playing som online again.

We have been fighting this for years in Barnstormers. I'm very happy to see the 10% max drops become a reality.

Thanks for your comments. I hope your teams are becoming stronger. :D

p.s. Your 2022 Event 1 team went 60-102 and made 59 drops before it was taken over.

dustoid

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 8:18 pm

Moose et.Al.
I deeply apologize for the brew haha during thebatnstormers leadue.
And I swear, I can live with being exiled from that league, but it seems I can not even get blank teams to get involved in other leagues and seasons. That seems overly harsh. I just ant to get 5 teams on the discounted rate. Iwanna play the 60/s,70 80s and negro leagues.
Ideation to god I won’t embark on the barn stormers.
So please whoever s pulling them strings on this loosen up

mighty moose

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 12:05 am

dustoid, I have no idea what you are talking about. If you are having trouble buying teams or the "five pack" you need to send an email to 365support@strat-o-matic.com - We (I) have nothing to do with those issues. We want you to learn from your mistakes and have a good experience playing SOM online.

Moose

dustoid

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 12:21 am

Thanks moose , I will get in touch with them in the morning.
Previous

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour