New ways of cheating that need to be addressed

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mastermosser56

New ways of cheating that need to be addressed

PostTue Jul 21, 2020 9:44 pm

Leave it to strat to make new ways for the same cheaters to to be like that ass in New England

Please for the love of god change this invite crap. I have multiple teams readying up then unready up many times. Clearly a sign they are looking up previous teams of their division mates and tweaking draft cards. We have easy access to previous what 6-10 years worth of barnstomers tournament pages?

Just last year I was threatened by the commissioner or someone that if I entered a league, I had to stay in the league......but here we are a year later and it seems like this is now common practice.

Bring on the strat brat haters for pointing out an obvious problem they cheat with

djmacb

Re: New ways of cheating that need to be addressed

PostTue Jul 21, 2020 10:07 pm

Mastermosser,

I'll looked up the teams for the managers I respected before I entered the league the first time. I'm just moving in and out now to troll you. Don't worry, I would never steal anything from any of your teams.

FrankieT

PostTue Jul 21, 2020 11:19 pm

I don't usually like to stoke anything one way or the other, but how is that a cheat exploit? Not sarcasm, serious question. I guess I don't see it. But that may be because I am lazy and wouldn't try to do that.

I mean if it is open to all as an option, then anyone with the will can choose to do it. Seems like a lot of work for little potential gain, for three primary reasons:

1. Past teams are no guarantee of future team tendencies, especially in ATG9. It doesn't seem like anyone has an established secret sauce for all caps yet, and when they might, it will be an open secret. You know, like Shano Collins is still underpriced and you better put him near the top in a low cap league.

2. Without knowing the stadia, it would seem difficult to pull off an advantage. I guess anyone could go and look up their league mates to make a calculated guess.

3. You don't have to enter a league to see your mates--it was in the post from Moose and went in order (at least it appeared to).

Not arguing with you--just trying to make sure I'm not missing something. Which is probably a 50-50 shot :)

mastermosser56

PostTue Jul 21, 2020 11:39 pm

il search for the email from strat, but I was nearly banned from this tournament last year because I was tweaking a team waiting forever to draft.

The reason I was given for the threatened ban was what I stated, so if strat thinks it is important to threaten to ban a player for doing it one year, then not the next, I have a problem with that

djmacb

PostTue Jul 21, 2020 11:51 pm

Here is what Mighty Moose posted in another forum:

One very nice FEATURE of the invite system is that you can make changes to your team even if entered into the league. Under YOUR TEAM you can mark CLICK IF YOU"RE READY for the draft and after you have clicked that, you can go back to YOUR TEAM and under the You're Ready...... is "Mark yourself as not ready" - the link is there although it isnt very well defined (which could be by design). We may ask that this link be made more prominent

Once you do that, the draft center is available and you can make changes to your draft list, reorder your waivers, change stadium - until you are DONE - then MARK YOURSELF as READY.

Again, this is for convenience but we certainly dont want players to be using this continually and delaying everyone else. Make your change - got it over with and then mark your team as ready.

This is a fantastic feature - everyone just needs to know how this works, that's what we are here for.

Since MM calls the ability to make changes to your team after entering a league a "very nice FEATURE," I'm flummoxed to see how it is cheating. Obviously, the point which Mastermosser can't grasp is tweaking your team is not the problem, it's jumping from league to league. In actuality, I took my team out for literally 5 minutes tonight to tweak the draft order and Mr. Mosser objected to it unintelligibly and obscenely in the league mail. Thereafter, I did everything I could to spin him up further.

McDaddy

PostThu Jul 23, 2020 9:40 am

That's great and I am all for improvement to stop cheating. It is hard enough without that thrown in. However, now you have teams that aren't aware or whatever that are in a league BUT they haven't marked their teams as "READY FOR DRAFT". So they can't go to another league so it stopped that cheating, but the league they are in suffers waiting on them to "Ready" their team!

mighty moose

PostFri Jul 24, 2020 11:35 am

Good points are made here. I am going to ask SOM to tweak invites so that divisions are not created until all teams are marked as ready. Once that happens then divisions are created and the league drafts and all teams are locked until waivers runs or the frenzy goes. Stadiums should be hidden from view beforehand.

As far as waiting for players who have not marked themselves as ready - invites just preserves a spot in the league by dedicating a spot for that player even if they have ZERO players setup on their draft card, so we don't know how far that player is from getting their team ready. Yes waiting for a player(s) can be frustrating. But it's the same frustrating as waiting for the league to fill.

The rule we have for not removing your team once it was placed into the league was for two reasons. One so you couldn't jump out to go league "shopping", the other is because I track where everybody goes into a spreadsheet primarily so that I know who is in and who isn't so that I don't send email "nags" to those that are already in. If I have you as "loaded" and then you jump out, it messes me up. This rule is in the Barnstormers published rules. You play you should know the rule.

mighty moose

PostFri Jul 24, 2020 3:25 pm

So what we want to change is that "no creating divisions until all teams have marked themselves as ready" so I will test that out on the last league left to load. Seeing opponents stadiums or any part of their team early is planned to go away - not just for us but for all theme league "commissioners" using the invites feature.

mighty moose

PostTue Aug 04, 2020 5:01 pm

See the last page in the invites thread for what is being done for this "problem". This thread is locked.

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour