2019 Finals Vote for CAP/DH/Draft Order

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

cristano1

Re: 2019 Finals Vote for CAP/DH/Draft Order

PostTue Feb 18, 2020 2:22 pm

Am I so "washed up" that you blatantly and outright copied 50% of my team verbatim? And if you didn't consider me "washed up" does that imply that you'd have copied 100% of my team instead? I remember a few years ago you telling me that 4 Huge Star Pitchers was the stupidest strategy ever. Trying to humiliate me over it. And here you are, copying that exact strategy. So, do you still think its the stupidest strategy ever?

To your other points, yes, Ichiro is only decent value (best case scenario). Yes, Sewell is only a decent value (best case scenario). But they are both low/zero injury players and Sewell is a great 1 hitter. In years past, my team had such a high expected win total that I was willing to give up a few wins at expected value and instead buy low injury batters who weren't at risk of sitting out 15 games. When I run my model this year, I am guessing that my expected win total will be ~5 less than it typically is. Which means Ichiro and Sewell will get axed for boys who are steals but get injured a lot more.

Also, in years past everyone and his brother was playing small ball. So big arms like Ichiro were mich more valuable than they typically are. In this league there are plenty playing lefty / righty / bopper teams, so Ichiro will probably end up being pretty overpriced. So, I don't think you're wrong when you say that Ichiro will end up being overpriced. But, at least I do the analysis myself rather than copying.

The Last Druid

PostTue Feb 18, 2020 5:32 pm

Half your team? I don't think so. Who besides McPhee was on your team last year? Speaker, that's who, and him you copied from my team the previous year. :lol:

After you took Lajoie, I grabbed the two players who would have helped you the most. That was probably the end of your season right there.

McCovey and Burgess were super key picks for me. I bet the farm that Bernie and Matt would go strong lefty, and behold!! I feel kind of bad for Bernie. He got Ruth but lost Gibson, McCovey and Mathews. Somehow Berra,Klusewski and Pete Ward just don't have the same cachet.

I still think the 4 aces comes close to the most mindless, boring strategy ever. And I may not even end up using it this year. Scherzer and Rueter may replace one and save me close to 2 M. Then I can upgrade Marshall to his 1.33 M card or grab Wheeler.

Looks like Lab may have the best team in the east, Riggo and Buratti are the best in the Central. All three strong righty teams. Two years ago you were saying a righty team could not compete. Then I won last year with Hilltop, just to show how wrong you were in your assessment. Now righty teams have proliferated in this years finals. Scherzer is the move for the playoffs but there is the small matter of actually get there, where there are two powerhouse lefty offenses in my division to contend with; albeit almost no starting pitching to speak of besides Kershaw and Johnson. Goreds also has a competent team to fend off.

Decisions, Decisions.

But don't fret. You will have a restful finals with about 86 wins. Just don't think it will be enough to get you into the semi's.

RiggoDrill

PostWed Feb 19, 2020 12:07 am

crissi may be on his way to the dustbin of Barnstormers' history, but credit where due, I like his chances of retaining his Trash-talking Championship! :o :D

The Last Druid

PostWed Feb 19, 2020 11:41 am

Of course only Mike anointed Chrissie trash talking champion after last years tournament.

So just like many of his other idiosyncratic opinions which may be found all over the ATG thread page, this somehow gets presented as a fait accompli.

One should be able to trash talk themselves before judging the folks who are actually good at it. :lol: :roll:

chaberlal

PostWed Feb 19, 2020 12:18 pm

i am eager to see the final lineups

cristano1

PostWed Feb 19, 2020 12:33 pm

Petro: You should private message me your Strat Password. Since you copied my entire pitching logic, word for word, let me set all the pitcher hooks so you get a true exact copy.

But I suppose the old adage "Cheaters Never Win" still holds. I can at least laugh that of all the leagues you could have chosen to Copy Cristano, this was the absolute worst one for you to choose. Can you imagine how well your 9R 9L 8R 8L spot starters would have done in this league? Like every single team as either 8+ righty batters or 6+ lefty batters. This league is a small Sutton, Heredia, Rueter goldmine!

I will do my best to kick your a** this league, even if I am half playing against myself anyway...

The Last Druid

Requiem for Cristano1

PostWed Feb 19, 2020 2:57 pm

Chrissie, your last two posts sound like your panties are all in a bunch and full of sand.

You know I'm glad to see that you have your excuses for your impending failure all lined up like ducks in a row. How clever of you to trot out your new 1.5 Aces strategy with no pen. Can't imagine that will go over too well. Speaking of Spahn and Sain, you have King and Brown and get out of town - with your tail between your legs. Weak offense, no power, low OBP, 15 game injury risks at every position except for Carew and Suzuki (who you will probably drop anyway). Sheeit, you will be lucky to finish in 4th place in the weakest division.

Everything will be cleared up next Monday by 9:59 p.m. Stay turned and try not to overdose on crystal meth while you run your silly, endless simulations in Excel in a desperate but futile attempt to salvage something out of this disaster of a team.

ShakeyBoomer

PostThu Feb 20, 2020 1:14 pm

After waivers runs, can someone please post a link to the Champion's League transactions page. I am certain there are lots of us who would like to see the post-waivers team building strategies employed by you guys. Thanks.

egvrich

PostWed Feb 26, 2020 9:13 pm

mighty moose

PostThu Feb 27, 2020 12:20 pm

Yeah that works, thanks !
Previous

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour