WARNING - Be careful entering teams

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Treyomo

WARNING - Be careful entering teams

PostTue Sep 04, 2012 11:07 am

I may have just made a colossal mistake and found a potential problem in entering teams. I'm running a franchise league. Season1 is running and three weeks into the system. I had that team open on one tab, and had a second tab open to select my players for Season2 to create the new league. When I clicked join league with my Cardinals franchise for the new league, League 2, the system instead pulled my Indians team out of League 1 and into League 2. I have no idea whether League 1 is now completely broken or not, because that team link takes me into the new League 2.

I have contacted support, but be aware - if you have multiple tabs open while entering a new team, close all tabs, log out and log back in to make your new team is the one entered in the new league.

FYI - if someone from this league can remind me of my own password for this league, I may be able to re-enter the league on my own.

Musial6

Re: WARNING - Be careful entering teams

PostTue Sep 04, 2012 11:52 am

i think it's jackpot

and if you notice, both leagues, season 1 and 2 are out on the league directory listing

season 1 showing that it still needs one team, even tho when you click on it it shows the current standings with all 12 teams.

twilight zone time, man!!!

Valen

PostWed Sep 05, 2012 8:17 pm

Suspect this may be a cross cookie problem. Though pulling in team1 to league2 is definitely poor coding.

If you want to have 2 or more teams up at one time might consider using one browser for one team and a different browser for second team. For example IE for team1, Firefox for team2, maybe chrome for team3.

guardian154

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Maybe opening the different teams in different windows instead of tabs...

Treyomo

PostSat Sep 08, 2012 9:08 am

Another user in my franchise league just experienced a related problem. Oakath72 owns the Yankees in league 1 and was using Yankee Stadium 48. When he entered his Reds team in season 2 and selected Great American Ballpark, his stadium in season 1 Yankees also switched to Great AMerican Ballpark - see Danielz's post.

I've contacted support, but hopefully they will find a fix for this shortly.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats