Diamond Dope draft question

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Musial6

Diamond Dope draft question

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Anyone know why I can't drop a draftee I don't want to draft?

I "drop" him but he stays on (with his salary) as "pending" - anyone give me a clue on how to get by that?

tomwistar

Re: Diamond Dope draft question

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 3:31 pm

The drop is "pending" ... another manager in the draft needs to approve the drop.

If you have their emails, I would send one out to everyone asking for help ... good way to draw attention to the issue. Otherwise, sometimes it can take awhile before someone notices and approves.

Musial6

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Oh!

I had dropped one previously - why does this one pop up now?

tomwistar

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 4:22 pm

Maybe someone approved the drop right away? You need a second party to make a drop (at least that's how I understand it). Sometimes only the administrator (the guy who set up the draft) is authorized to approve drops. Usually he gives that ability to all the managers, to keep things moving along.

agabriel

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 7:05 pm

There needs to be an approval for a drop. When a drop is made, all other managers will see the pending drop and have the ability to approve or deny. The first one to approve makes it official.

dharmabums

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 10:21 pm

If you're doing a dream league draft, where you pick the entire team at once, I've found it helpful to go ahead and pick the team on my SOM page first. That way I have all my positions and salary cap issues dealt with, and all I have to do on DD is go down the roster making my draft. A lot easier to sort through different player options that way, before finalizing draft choice on DD. GL with your draft. Enjoy. :)

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats