SOM and the restaurant analogy

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

bkeat23

Re: SOM and the restaurant analogy

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 7:31 am

ADRIANGABRIEL wrote:I can conceptualize my analogies any way I wish. And in my analogy, I am Captain Nemo. And Nev is Moby Dick.

Best rock drummer of all time

And I'm old enough to have seen him 12 times :shock:

Chuck1234

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 1:22 pm

In our league, we have proven that chocolates are Marxist. No pepperoni please. Oh yes, the Ranchers are in last....again...

Sincerely,
Delivery Boy...

guardian154

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 6:29 pm

bkeat23 wrote:
ADRIANGABRIEL wrote:I can conceptualize my analogies any way I wish. And in my analogy, I am Captain Nemo. And Nev is Moby Dick.

Best rock drummer of all time

And I'm old enough to have seen him 12 times :shock:

Did Adrian mean Ahab?

He definitely rocked the house in his short time.

agabriel

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 7:01 pm

guardian154 wrote:Did Adrian mean Ahab?

Not in my conceptual analogy.

bkeat23

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 11:16 am

ADRIANGABRIEL wrote:
guardian154 wrote:Did Adrian mean Ahab?

Not in my conceptual analogy.

But what's your Conceptual Continuity?

Valen

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 4:57 pm

An interesting restaurant analogy and an interesting take on it by badjam.

Who makes the better point depends on which restaurant style you are talking about. If the restaurant is Chile's where a customer orders food, gets food, eats food, pays for food then badjam is spot on. The food is no good customer just walks out and never comes back (without paying by the way). If the restaurant is Burger King where customer pays for food, waits for food, food quality is unacceptable, then customer is not being unreasonable rufusing to leave until they get a refund.

I may chide some people for complaining too much but I understand. They feel they have not been given what they paid for. And now they feel they have been told we will not give refund even though you have not yet consumed the product so be quiet. If that is the case they have a right to be unhappy. If it is not the case then set the record straight. Refund them for unused product and then let them decide whether to just go away and stay away or return if they later decide your food was acceptable after all.

Now I understand a lot depends on your interpretation of things and perception. But perception of a situation only changes if dialogue continues. As long as communication continues there is hope of converting an unhappy customer in to a happy customer. Once you shut down communication you will never turn that customer around.

Why should any of us care if nev or salty or anyone else is unhappy? Because in an online game like this enjoyable leagues depends on having a significant number of opponents. If I am always facing the same 12 guys it gets boring. The more people playing the greater the chances any given league will have a greater diversity of opponents.

If Strato wants the disgruntled people to go away then the right thing to do is offer to refund their unused credits which in the restaurant analogy is product not yet consumed. Refund them at the 5 pack rate or the super sale rates. But only after that do you have a right to order them to leave your restaurant. Without that refund it is my opinion that the restaurant owner has an obligation to listen to what they have to say instead of kicking them out of the restaurant.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats