So, Id like to debate the rules...

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Salty

Re: So, Id like to debate the rules...

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 7:00 pm

see adrian-
the reason I say that is because they 'claim' they are doing this to make it a 'fun' place for all.

I just want the lie exposed. Its only to protect themselves period. They are scared because a few people mentioned suing them for misdeeds.

Maybe thats obvious to some- but I hate deceit.
Not every company has to act so dishonerably.
Id prefer to only remain mostly jaded- and believe that some people actually act earnestly.

dharmabums

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 7:05 pm

I guess that when you know you've got a defective product that you'll get all defensive more quickly.

Salty

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 7:09 pm

YUP!

and now...back to tilting at the windmills of their mind.

SEE- they should just ban me now- because Im not going to stop trying to force them to do the right thing.
Last edited by Salty on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danielz

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Sorry folks,
I've been selected as the monitor and I am going to lock this topic because further discussion will only increase certain frustrations felt by some members.
Please go back to discussing whether you would rather have Maddux and Yaz or Brecheen and Bonds

Thanks

Salty

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 7:16 pm

danielz wrote:Sorry folks,
I've been selected as the monitor and I am going to lock this topic because further discussion will only increase certain frustrations felt by some members.
Please go back to discussing whether you would rather have Maddux and Yaz or Brecheen and Bonds

Thanks

DANIEL-
this is a sad day for SOM.

Salty

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Post edited-
Last edited by Salty on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dharmabums

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 7:18 pm

They've lost my business.

coyote303

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 7:20 pm

I don’t doubt that the OP was once a pillar of the community. Now, sadly, he has become part of the problem.

SOM outlined the new rules, the OP flouted them, the company responded, and now the OP is acting like a victim. If you want “free speech” then start a blog. Post on your Facebook. Send emails to your friends. But don’t expect to slam the company on their own forums without repercussions. I realize on TSN you could get away with about anything—even stuff that would get you banned on just about any other forum. Well, those days are gone boys and girls. I, for one, won’t miss them.

And for those who think this thread isn’t destructive? You’ve got people taking the OP’s side and probably won’t spend another dime on this game. The community is divided. There is almost a mob mentality because in reality the game isn’t in that bad of shape. But thanks to destructive posts like this one, some are convinced the company doesn’t care about its customers and doesn’t deserve our business.

You could argue that I should just ignore posts like this if I don’t like them. But I refuse to stand by while someone jeopardizes the game’s survival. If SOM decides its online version isn’t worth their time, there won’t be anyone else to pick it up like there was when TSN came to the same conclusion.

danielz

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 7:25 pm

The community will be self-policing with moderators chosen from within.

I would like to know how these people will be chosen.
Only people with happy posts?
Only people with Babe Ruth posts?

Salty

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 7:27 pm

coyote303 wrote:I don’t doubt that the OP was once a pillar of the community. Now, sadly, he has become part of the problem.

SOM outlined the new rules, the OP flouted them, the company responded, and now the OP is acting like a victim. If you want “free speech” then start a blog. Post on your Facebook. Send emails to your friends. But don’t expect to slam the company on their own forums without repercussions. I realize on TSN you could get away with about anything—even stuff that would get you banned on just about any other forum. Well, those days are gone boys and girls. I, for one, won’t miss them.

And for those who think this thread isn’t destructive? You’ve got people taking the OP’s side and probably won’t spend another dime on this game. The community is divided. There is almost a mob mentality because in reality the game isn’t in that bad of shape. But thanks to destructive posts like this one, some are convinced the company doesn’t care about its customers and doesn’t deserve our business.

You could argue that I should just ignore posts like this if I don’t like them. But I refuse to stand by while someone jeopardizes the game’s survival. If SOM decides its online version isn’t worth their time, there won’t be anyone else to pick it up like there was when TSN came to the same conclusion.

WOW- nice.
I guess im the OP.
Survival of the game justifies the means ;)
PROZAC here I come- and gee, wasnt Ruth great, isnt that card he has soooo great. Yeah, hes the Lance Armstrong best.
Last edited by Salty on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats