Why Won't Listach Try To Steal A Base

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Sweet Swinging 26

Re: Why Won't Listach Try To Steal A Base

PostThu Jan 11, 2024 2:40 pm

STEVE F wrote:There is nothing "amiss". It is just an anomaly that , apparently, you're not really that interested in delving into. Here is a recent team of mine with Listach. 26 sb's, No complaints. I've used that card a few times, 23 sb's his low for me. no complaints. From my experience, there is nothing "wrong" with the Listach card.
https://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1740290

Ha ha, I'm not saying there is something wrong with Listach's card. He attempted to steal at at rate approximately 1/4 that of the rest of the team with the exact same settings. That is what is amiss, not his card.

I'm suggesting there is a quirk in the game whereby players simply refuse to attempt to steal despite the settings applied to them. I have seen it before on other teams this was simply the first time I did any digging or posting about it because it seemed so egregious.

Rockers

PostThu Jan 11, 2024 6:17 pm

Methinks it be mere randomness. I have two pretty much identical teams one of which is in the finals and one of which can’t stay above water. The four players on the worse team are each producing better than the ones they replaced on the better team. I ain’t whining, it’s just what comes with the territory when there are layers upon layers of randomness.

Sweet Swinging 26

PostMon Jan 15, 2024 1:18 pm

Got this message a few days back (didn't notice it until today) regarding this post ...

Now I get it
Sent: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:59 pm
by STEVE F

You're just an asshole troll

Wow, so much for trying to point out what I believe to be an issue. Steve F said something along the lines that he had used Listach with no issues regarding his base stealing before so there is no problem with the card. I agreed and said it was a systematic issue not a card issue. And apparently he didn't like that response.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats