ATG Question...

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

bh327

ATG Question...

PostSat Dec 16, 2023 9:44 pm

Was looking for some thoughts on some of the experience ATG season players on what might be a good roster for success.

Spending lets say more on a solid pitching staff with a big park?......then hope for the best with your lower salary position players?

More sluggers with a less then average pitching staff?

The few times I played the ATG I had a average pitching staff, very little power,... but had a lot of higher average bats in my lineup.......only finished .500 a few times I did that strategy. Thanks

Wishbone Bruce

Palmtana

Re: ATG Question...

PostSat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

I'll copy this to the ATG Forum. Click through the threads in that Forum and you will find a lot of advice for your teams.

Backfire

PostSun Dec 17, 2023 6:59 am

Almost anything within reason can be viable with the right preparation depending on the league. Probably not a particularly useful answer but I'd say pick a park or two you like and specialize for a bit, trying new things, and you will gain a deeper understanding on how to win there.

Mattw0909

PostSun Dec 17, 2023 4:55 pm

As backfire said any strategy can work if done right. Good starters and good defense up the middle is probably the best way to start when building a team. Build to your ballpark and to beat your division. If you’re looking for a number …… in a 80 million dollar cap I’d like to spend between 25-35 million on pitching. I’ve been going around 30-31 on my pitching lately.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats