Monthly Challenge changes

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Palmtana

Monthly Challenge changes

PostWed Nov 29, 2023 4:25 pm

(Thanks to Sweet Swinging 26 for getting this ball rolling. I didn't want to put SOM's email about the changes to the contest in his thread in case it got buried.)

To preface this, we did want to discuss our perspective on the Monthly Challenges a little. Overall, the intention for them is more as a fun little extra thing that people can go for, rather than something absolutely hyper competitive. We want people to engage with them, and are largely alright with people making up teams or leagues specifically shooting for them, to a degree.

An idea tossed out in the forum thread would be restricting them strictly to autoleagues, and is something we definitely had considered when originally designing them. Ultimately, we felt that while doing so does in fact make the playing field more even, it would push Challenges into something more passive. We didn't want Challenges to be a thing that just happen in the background, and wanted to encourage it as a different way to play the game. Autoleagues serving as the standard "normal" league, forcing the two together runs contrary to both of those goals.

With all that said, think that this case shows that there are limits to what we allow, so we're going to crack down a little bit here. Moving forward, we are excluding 6 team leagues and leagues where managers own multiple teams from Challenges. Both of those are a bit too exploitable, and think this is a decent compromise.

Sincerely,
365 by Strat-O-Matic

Sweet Swinging 26

Re: Monthly Challenge changes

PostMon Dec 04, 2023 12:33 pm

I'm glad you got a response because I emailed support more than once about this and did not get a response.

Maybe the post and hearing not just me, but others saying the same thing made the difference.

Either way, the problem may not be solved, but it sure is better than it was. So kudos to everyone who reached out to strat about it and kudos to strat for doing something about it.

awesomepossum

Re: Monthly Challenge changes

PostTue Dec 05, 2023 5:43 am

While not an issue for me, thank you Strat for hearing and acting!

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats