IM DONE

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Mattw0909

Re: IM DONE

PostWed Nov 29, 2023 10:16 am

I’m also worried max is going to take players away from 365. As for the number of teams between championships, there’s some really good players in here and most leagues are going to have 2 or 3 of them in them. The auto league I joined yesterday has 7/8 owners with a .530 winning percentage or higher. I personally like those leagues I like to test myself vs the types of Bc15ny ,hackwilson, Barrmorris , J-Pav etc. playing vs owners like that makes it harder but more fun also

BC15NY

PostWed Nov 29, 2023 11:09 am

Thanks Matt.

I'm not worried about MAX syphoning off too many 365 players; I just don't see it happening. It's a very different beast.

Bill

leeroyjenkins

PostWed Nov 29, 2023 12:03 pm

Wait, you're mad that this game that makes an attempt to simulate a real season of baseball with a series of die rolls lets players get injured at a rate that still seems pretty generous compared to real life? I mean, you're basically mad because you lost 9 games out of a star player's season? It's your deal, I guess...

Also it's not a party. You don't have to announce that you're leaving.

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostWed Nov 29, 2023 12:10 pm

BC15NY wrote:
Don't let 10 seasons in a row w/o a title get you down. Recently I had a streak of 23 seasons w/o one, including losing in the finals 7 times!

I had a finals losing streak that reached more than 10 in a row. I stopped counting at that point, but then all of a sudden won 4 straight finals appearances. The playoffs are very random.

DonSutton

PostWed Nov 29, 2023 1:11 pm

BC15NY wrote:Thanks Matt.

I'm not worried about MAX syphoning off too many 365 players; I just don't see it happening. It's a very different beast.

Bill

I agree. Max is lacking in a LOT of areas, if you ask me. Can't see the dice roll for one.

Scoops Baseball

PostFri Dec 01, 2023 1:00 am

I'm slow, really slow, who's MAX?
injuries, heck I had that many injuries in the first 2 weeks recently! don't let the door hit ya.....

Palmtana

PostFri Dec 01, 2023 1:06 am

Sknsfan

PostFri Dec 01, 2023 2:35 pm

The one thing about the injury system that has always sort of vexed me (and I have no reasonable idea on how to improve this) is that an MLB team has a farm system in place to help fill in the gaps when a player goes down.

Some of the deeper keeper leagues help battle this, but for any single season Auto or Theme league I generally err on the side of avoiding too much injury time possibility.

I think the system in place does it's best to counter this (max 15 game injuries, for example) but it still always kind of makes me wish there was some reasonable way to back fill that 8 or 9 mil player when they go down.

It was a while ago (15 yrs ago maybe) where I had a 2 inj guy (I think it was a 2005 or 2006 league) who got knocked out for a 15 gamer in the first series, came back hit a HR in his first AB, then went down for another 15 gamer in his next AB. Followed by another 15 gamer in his first series back. Then came back for 10 or 12 games, and then another 15 gamer. If my team hadn't still been trying to compete, I may have ridden it out to see how bad his season may have been, but I cut him.

But then I've had guys with 3 inj ratings that play 145+ games.

I love the randomness, but at the same time, I HATE the randomness. Oh HAL you fickle master of my degenerative sanity.

bkeat23

PostSat Dec 02, 2023 6:07 pm

Sknsfan wrote:The one thing about the injury system that has always sort of vexed me (and I have no reasonable idea on how to improve this) is that an MLB team has a farm system in place to help fill in the gaps when a player goes down.

Some of the deeper keeper leagues help battle this, but for any single season Auto or Theme league I generally err on the side of avoiding too much injury time possibility.

I think the system in place does it's best to counter this (max 15 game injuries, for example) but it still always kind of makes me wish there was some reasonable way to back fill that 8 or 9 mil player when they go down.

It was a while ago (15 yrs ago maybe) where I had a 2 inj guy (I think it was a 2005 or 2006 league) who got knocked out for a 15 gamer in the first series, came back hit a HR in his first AB, then went down for another 15 gamer in his next AB. Followed by another 15 gamer in his first series back. Then came back for 10 or 12 games, and then another 15 gamer. If my team hadn't still been trying to compete, I may have ridden it out to see how bad his season may have been, but I cut him.

But then I've had guys with 3 inj ratings that play 145+ games.

I love the randomness, but at the same time, I HATE the randomness. Oh HAL you fickle master of my degenerative sanity.

Cap space would be tricky with a "taxi squad" of sorts.
3-5 hitters would be reasonable.
Transactions in and out should not break salary caps. This would make a $2M guy that can play multiple positions but not hit well enough to play full time a viable taxi squad option.
The player being put on the taxi squad would have to be out for at least 3 games. We don't want the taxi squad used tok play matchups vs certain opponents or when playing a string of road games.
I'm agreeing with your first point, but with qualifications, and there should be more.

DonSutton

PostSat Dec 02, 2023 7:19 pm

If there were a taxi squad, the entire set would have to be re-priced. We already have a bench.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats