Three Playoffs In A Row..

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

STEVENSTEFFANNI

Three Playoffs In A Row..

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 6:09 am

The first playoff team beat a 105 win team in the 7th game [Im sure he was not happy]...my second team goes up 3 games to 2 in the finals and loses the last 2 games at HOME...now last night my 3rd team goes up 3 games to 2 and promptly loses the the last 2 games at HOME in the semifinals....when I first started this 3 years ago one of the oldtimers on here said once you reach the playoffs " its mostly luck "...Ive been pretty successful with winning teams with my last 30 teams and I have been on the good and bad side of winning in the playoffs but I think after the results of these last 3 its become more apparent than ever to me you have ZERO control over what happens in the playoffs its total luck of the dice or HAL is in total control of the outcome...I love participating in 365 but now feel apathy towards it...my first love is fantasy baseball and Im going to return fulltime to that and take a long break from 365 ...I have 3 teams still active and im putting them on autopilot since the outcomes are out of my control anyway...Im not bitter or think just because you have a successful season you should be a winner in the playoffs...I just feel like I have no control over what happens so why bother...I have credits to use so next fall when MLB is over I'll be back to use them but I wont buy more...this was a diversion over Covid and now its time to move forward...The TRUCK is parking...

alvarndc

Re: Three Playoffs In A Row..

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 3:13 pm

It WAS a great series though!

Have to agree, when playoffs roll around, it depends on who is hot, or "luck".

alvarndc

PostMon Mar 27, 2023 3:14 pm

That said, come back soon! Sometimes a break is what you need, and with MLB starting up, easy to move to fantasy.

gamiam

PostTue Mar 28, 2023 2:44 am

Or limit your play to six team leagues-no playoffs!

Courtneylant

PostSun Apr 02, 2023 9:05 am

I'm always a bit confused when i see posts like this. aren't there 11 to 23 other managers also trying to win and with the same salary caps?

granted, i'm only 40 teams into 365, but i have both come back from and blown 3-0 series leads in the playoffs. i think this makes perfect sense and sometimes the luck of the "dice" just doesn't go your way. i won a game 7 in the championships with my barry bonds on the IL and my opponent missing two 1-19 hr's in the last game in his ballpark.

with the playing field being leveled like this, i expect .500 as the baseline for everyone. we all look for marginal gains through our home grown analytics and evaluation of their opponents strategies and chosen ballparks. put yourself in the best position you can then hope it pays off.

i do think ATG makes it too easy to recover from a poor draft and is even less competitive (more random) as a result. this year i'm playing straight up individual season sets, which can be more challenging if you blow the draft.

that said, i'm amazed at those in ATG that continue to destroy everyone. i wonder if they play so many more teams that it just seems like they never lose, or if they truly have the best way to determine bargins.

anyway, i also find it frustrating, but still fun.
-Alexander Supertramp

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats