Marc Pelletier article

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Hack Wilson

Marc Pelletier article

PostFri Jan 27, 2023 9:13 pm

Interesting insights in this article by Marc Pelletier -- http://www.ultimatestratbaseball.com/US ... ry2016.htm

Marc, are you still around? Have you left us? Playing any teams? Did you lose your touch??

Hope you're not gone forever...

Hack Wilson

Re: Marc Pelletier article

PostSat Jan 28, 2023 8:54 pm

el bumpo ...

wavygravy2k

PostSun Jan 29, 2023 1:02 am

Luckyman always has the best insights.

Hack Wilson

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 9:03 pm

Who is Luckyman??

J-Pav

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 9:27 pm

Marc Pelletier, aka marcus wilby, aka luckyman.

Unfortunately, last I heard from him he was battling serious health issues. That was quite awhile ago; however, we have all noticed his name at the bottom of the page (as if he was online in certain threads) more recently.

Not sure how he is currently doing, but obviously I’d like to think he is well.

Hack Wilson

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 10:26 pm

Wow, I'm very sorry to hear that about Marc's health issues. He's a relatively young guy, right? Hope he's doing all right, best wishes and prayers to Marc. Long live!

If this is not too forward, can you please shed more light on who he is, biography-wise? He's an enigma for us all, just would like to understand more about this great SOM player who's instructed us so well in many ways -- our gentleness and compassion are extended to him.

Thank you. :)

J-Pav

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 10:41 pm

Leafs, not Habs. Poutine, not fries. He took up the Strat name luckyman when a friend noticed his girlfriend and complimented him by saying “Marc, you’re a very lucky man!”

I once wrote him a pm completely translated into “Canadian” by google translate that he found quite hilarious. His command of English was notoriously suspect, however, he improved quite well over the years! :lol: I think it was Riggo who once said something to the effect of “Marc, I can never understand what the hell you’re talking about!” :lol: :lol:

Hack Wilson

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 10:55 pm

Thank you. But who is he? A French Canadian, I assume. Any other cool details bio-wise? Just seems like everyone wants to know. Whatever is helpful, not trying to intrude.

MaxPower

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 10:55 pm

The USBN series on his WAR system Hack linked actually starts out with a semi-biographical interview: http://www.ultimatestratbaseball.com/US ... er2015.htm

As I've said many times Marc (along with my Uncle Ross) were the foundation for my system. The USBN series is great but this thread on the boards is even more valuable and comprehensive: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=639204

I think of Marc as basically the Bill James of 365. Hope he's well and hope he returns someday, would love to compete with him!

Hack Wilson

PostMon Jan 30, 2023 11:02 pm

Max, please take no offense, by this suggestion, are you Marc? Reason is he's changed his handle a few times. You're one of our best, that's why I ask. And you play awesome like Marc. Again, no offense, we all respect you. :) Sorry to ask, but i just felt like it.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats