THE MtheB/BLINE IMAGES SAYONARA LEAGUE

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

MtheB

THE MtheB/BLINE IMAGES SAYONARA LEAGUE

PostTue Nov 29, 2022 9:19 am

Well, its been a great ride, I have enjoyed it immensely, from the very beginning.

I started playing board STRAT in 1964, joined the online game when it was with THE SPORTING NEWS with ATG1, and with my 5 owner usernames, I have played thousands and thousands of game. Most of you know me either from my MtheB moniker, which is what I started with, then in 7-8 years ago, I stopped using that name and began using blineimages. Then I also started 3 other usernames for testing and research purposes.
About six months ago, after noticing some signposts that made it clear that it was time to move on, I stopped using blineimages and brought back the MtheB moniker. Then when I started to see the same signposts emerge, I realized, regardless of the reason, the writing was on the wall.

So this will not be a hiatus, I will be stepping away permanently. So, to put a final stamp on the departure, I am organizing a FARWELL league. This league will have unique parameters, beginning with the requirements to join the league. --you will need to have a VETERAN manager rating or higher, and you will have had played in leagues with me, and be someone who I communicated with over the years.

Here are some of the initial parameters:
I am making a unique player set for this league--123 Mill Cap, DH, no hitters available under 2 Mill, no starting pitchers available under 4 mill, and no "relief only" pitchers available under 2 mill.
It will be unique ballparks (there will be 20 to choose from)--prior to the autodraft, there will be 3 rounds (six picks) of serpentine draft, and you must select your ballpark with one of your six choices.
And there will be only one card per player available in the set--for example--there will only be one Babe Ruth card, one Barry Bonds card etc.---and my modus for which card I choose for the set is purely personal....
by December 10th, I will have the custom player set (with the 20 stadiums) available to send out to people that sign up,

I know a few owners who have already expressed their interest to participate, ---

Would love to see some of these guys join---as I always enjoy competing against them....

Nevdully, Ironwill1, nomadbrad, scorehouse, andycummings65, divad, tmfw30, tkl33, cristano1...and many more.

I will put the signup sheet on a successive post, if you are interested, please copy the list, add your name, and post it on this thread. I will be looking for several alternates as well, as some owners who sign up, may for whatever reason, not be able to participate.

Thanks everyone. Hope to see you on the field...

MtheB

Re: THE MtheB/BLINE IMAGES SAYONARA LEAGUE

PostTue Nov 29, 2022 9:21 am

1) MtheB
2) Egvrich
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
Alternate:
Alternate:

The Rivs

PostTue Nov 29, 2022 12:14 pm

What are the clear signposts, that it is time to move on? I am interested. And sorry that you are leaving the game.

dinsdale

dinsdale

PostTue Nov 29, 2022 2:44 pm

1) MtheB
2) Egvrich
3) Dinsdale
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
Alternate:
Alternate:

tkl33

PostTue Nov 29, 2022 9:41 pm

1) MtheB
2) Egvrich
3) Dinsdale
4) tkl33
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
Alternate:
Alternate:

scorehouse

PostThu Dec 01, 2022 10:59 am

"signposts" you noticed B4 the Stop Sign? :P

MtheB

PostThu Dec 01, 2022 2:19 pm

You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind; a journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead—your next stop, the Twilight Zone.

MtheB

PostTue Dec 06, 2022 6:50 pm

Due to the challenge of a recent spike in work related stuff, and factoring in the slow signups, I decided to not continue the league.
I have six teams left in play, once they are done....

dinsdale

PostWed Dec 07, 2022 3:12 pm

Best of luck to you - I sent a link to show that I played in a league with you back when online Strat started and likely many since then! Too bad signups were so slow!
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats