Same old complaint...

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

STEVENSTEFFANNI

Same old complaint...

PostThu Nov 24, 2022 5:31 am

First time ive used the Honus Wagner $7.65 card and through 54 gms hes been injured 5 seperate times for a total of 14 games...once again I will say it...the injury part of this game is total bullshit!...frequincy of injuries is bad enough but when you have guys with 599 plate appearances getting injured more often than guys with 100 plate appearances somethings wrong here...Strat is lucky I apparently have nothing better to do or Id be outta here...

LMBombers

Re: Same old complaint...

PostThu Nov 24, 2022 8:00 am

Are you also upset on the other end of the spectrum? Like when players with only 400 PA play 162 games? If that doesn't bother you as well then your outrage seems hypocritical. If you want an injury insurance policy then don't use players with less than 600 PA. They cost a little more and there is a reason they do.

STEVENSTEFFANNI

PostThu Nov 24, 2022 9:30 am

LMBombers wrote:Are you also upset on the other end of the spectrum? Like when players with only 400 PA play 162 games? If that doesn't bother you as well then your outrage seems hypocritical. If you want an injury insurance policy then don't use players with less than 600 PA. They cost a little more and there is a reason they do.

First of all Wagner has the same chance of getting injured as any player with a 1 so picking a player who can be injured for a max of 3 games isnt going to matter my issue its the frequency a player can keep getting injured. As far as PA goes you are bringing up a whole new topic that has nothing to do with what I was bitching about...yes just bitching on this open forum like many others and knowing full well some comments would be to try in a round about way to make me look bad for doing it...thats fine I have learned to have a thick skin on this forum so bring it on ...I vented so I feel better now...opinions are just opinions whether they are yours or mine

harper34

PostThu Nov 24, 2022 12:28 pm

I think the biggest gripe about injuries should be pitchers. It is so rare to see a SP or RP get injured, even though we know in real life baseball it's pitchers who are injured most often with sore arms and ligament strains, and far more likely to suffer season ending injuries. Yet here nearly every hurler goes the full season without losing any time to injury.

scorehouse

PostThu Nov 24, 2022 4:53 pm

not so quick. I just had RPO Kim go down for 13 games? had to drop cuz I'm in the heat of playoff spot race.

STEVENSTEFFANNI

PostThu Nov 24, 2022 9:27 pm

scorehouse wrote:not so quick. I just had RPO Kim go down for 13 games? had to drop cuz I'm in the heat of playoff spot race.
....that is rare as hell..lol...in 40 seasons ive had 1 pitcher miss a game and it was a relief pitcher also he missed 3 games

Hittmens

PostFri Nov 25, 2022 10:24 am

STEVENSTEFFANNI wrote:
scorehouse wrote:not so quick. I just had RPO Kim go down for 13 games? had to drop cuz I'm in the heat of playoff spot race.
....that is rare as hell..lol...in 40 seasons ive had 1 pitcher miss a game and it was a relief pitcher also he missed 3 games

More common than you think I have had relievers and non 3 day sp go down for 15 games

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostFri Nov 25, 2022 10:46 am

I think it depends on strategy. If you use 4 studs and no pen, you are never going to see a pitcher miss a game. I like to use rotations with 5 or more 5 day starters sometimes and I count on at least 1 or 2 injures to my starters each season for those teams.

I think part of the problem we are seeing here is equating actual real life plate appearances with injury frequency. A 1 injury is a 1 injury and subject to the same odds of going down for 15 games whether they had 599 at bats or 100 at bats. You can argue that the ratings are not precise enough, but that stuff is baked into the salary and that's just the rules. I don't know what to say if you don't understand that part of the game. We always remember the times when we lose players for big stretches but never seem to remember that you can also have a season with 1 of those high injury guys where he plays nearly every game. And that's where the strategy comes in as to whether or not you spend extra for the 3 game max player or spend extra money on a sub. It's what makes every manager and every team different. It would be a really boring game without that variation.

STEVENSTEFFANNI

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 6:34 am

And the bullshit continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...just started a new league and Honus Wagner is injured in the 5th GAME for 15 GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... this is total bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...and some of you wonder why some on here wonder if theres more going on here!

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 1:56 pm

so, you believe there is a module in the code that makes good players get injured more often? I am very unclear as to what your complaint is. It seems to me that you are complaining about "random chance" and how its not perfectly described by whatever you think it should be.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats