Penalties for Holding the Runner and Infield In?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

southpawcom

Penalties for Holding the Runner and Infield In?

PostSun Nov 20, 2022 1:42 pm

Hi, in the table top version of the game, there are certain dice gb out results (appended with '+') that I recall were changed to SINGLE** if the defense was either Holding the Runner at 1B or had Infield In.

Does anyone know if those rules are being used in 365 ATG 9? I see nothing in the play by play that confirms that they are, but admittedly I haven't crossed checked PBP results with the player cards. Thanks for any guidance.

labratory

Re: Penalties for Holding the Runner and Infield In?

PostSun Nov 20, 2022 2:21 pm

I would need to check the charts exactly, but there are definitely penalties for holding runners or infield in.
I think there are four (out of 20) additional singles on the X charts for infielders that are holding runners on or playing in.

As I'm thinking about it, that would be much less of a penalty than the old GBA+ turning into a single**. Maybe there are other penalties as well.

MaxPower

Re: Penalties for Holding the Runner and Infield In?

PostSun Nov 20, 2022 5:46 pm

Those penalties are indeed purported to be operative in 365, although I have not combed through the PBP to double-check them myself.

The other major penalty is knocking infielders' range down a notch when they're playing in or involved in a hold.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats