• Author

STEVENSTEFFANNI

Re: I Noticed

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 12:24 pm

apparently it happens more than people think

Outta Leftfield

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 3:11 pm

I almost always use the "Aggressive" baserunner setting and typically get a success rate that varies between 78% and 85%, depending to some degree on the speed of the team.

My teams typically involve a mix of some slower and some faster runners. If I had all 17s as baserunners, I might go "Super Aggressive, but I typically want some power, so I might have some 1-12 to 13 runners mixed in with my 14s, 15s, 16s & 17s--plus those slow catchers.

With a mix of runners like this, Aggressive seems to work well. I confess I haven't looked very closely at my boxscores to see when the extra bases are attempted, but I'm satisfied with the overall result.

One of my faster teams, in a small-ball park, recently recorded a 260-51 success rate on the Aggressive setting, based on 451 opportunities. That's an 84% success rate. My 4 fastest runners, Honus W, Browning, H Walker & Duncan (three 17s & a 16), ran at almost every opportunity and recorded in total a 183 bases taken in 206 attempts. That's an 89% success rate. The rest of the team made fewer attempts, but when they did run, they had good success, except for my platoon of catchers, who didn't try for the extra base very often.

My slower teams run less frequently, but usually with success rates hovering around 80%. Overall, I like the Aggressive setting for all but the slowest teams. As I said before, if I had a super-fast team, top to bottom, which would be rare for me, I might try Super Aggressive.

scorehouse

PostThu Dec 01, 2022 10:53 am

I think yall r getting away from his premise about a flaw in the game engine? I don't check box scores because I can't change them. what does Strat have to say about this flaw?

egvrich

PostThu Dec 01, 2022 6:31 pm

scorehouse wrote:I think yall r getting away from his premise about a flaw in the game engine? I don't check box scores because I can't change them. what does Strat have to say about this flaw?

Individual base running settings would solve everything

MtheB

PostThu Dec 01, 2022 6:45 pm

I think Ruth proved that most notably in the 1926 World Series

scorehouse

PostThu Dec 01, 2022 7:26 pm

I'm not sure individual settings would solve the runner always getting thrown out problem? sounds more like a software glitch?
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats