Salary Floor

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

MaxPower

Re: Salary Floor

PostSun Jun 19, 2022 12:46 am

chaberlal wrote:Yes they are enforcing it in the pre-season...

WTF !!!

:shock: :o :shock:

I entered a team in Alphabet League 2... The salary cap is 120M$...

I hurried to get a team in because I wanted to make sure I got letter M...

So I drafted the first 28 M players that totaled 71M$...

Once my team got drafted... I'm unable to make any roster moves because HAL, that stupid bastard, tells me NO... the reason being that the move would leave me under the 108M$ minimum cap...

HOW INCREDIBLY STUPID !!!

LMAO I was assuming that they were requiring a draft card to total more than 90% of the cap. What you are describing is just beyond belief, truly mind-numbing levels of incompetence. Will they not let you do an add-drop even if it INCREASES your payroll??

djmacb

PostSun Jun 19, 2022 10:56 am

Pretty clear what went wrong. SOM has all of their best programmers working on the secret black box codes to curse 100 win teams, re-injure players, penalize the best managers, turn on/off momentum, etc., etc.

egvrich

PostSun Jun 19, 2022 11:12 am

djmacb wrote:Pretty clear what went wrong. SOM has all of their best programmers working on the secret black box codes to curse 100 win teams, re-injure players, penalize the best managers, turn on/off momentum, etc., etc.

Finally someone admits it ....... :D :lol: ;)

On topic ... I think this is probably just an "oversight" on Strat's part. An "unintended" consequence that they failed to consider. I'm sure given time they can fix it. And if they don't, many people will have to change their draft strategies.

egvrich

PostMon Jun 20, 2022 7:11 am

Told ya they'd fix it.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats