If I could add one setting...

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

scorehouse

Re: If I could add one setting...

PostMon Jun 13, 2022 11:08 pm

I'd like a never even if hell freezes over option. never bunt, steal, h*r, remove for def, sub, pitch to a left/right hitter, etc.

MtheB

PostTue Jun 14, 2022 5:44 pm

Big time kudos for Lab's suggestion.

My one setting to add would be: "Turn off all normalization modifiers"

egvrich

PostTue Jun 14, 2022 9:00 pm

MtheB wrote:Big time kudos for Lab's suggestion.

My one setting to add would be: "Turn off all normalization modifiers"

How can you turn off something that people say doesn't exist? :D ;) :lol: :roll:

labratory

PostThu Jun 16, 2022 8:56 pm

So the setting I would like to see added is a "don't use a defensive replacement" option for each player, or even for the whole team, as my D up the middle is always good, and the cheapo offensively challenged defensive subs are usually inserted by HAL at the corner IF or corner OF spots.

That's a good suggestion. On one team, HAL often brings in the $0.55 Melillo (2B-1e14) for Willie Randolph (2B-1e23). Yes, Melillo's glove is a little better. But not enough to justify the move.

MtheB

PostFri Jun 17, 2022 8:37 am

lab--great point.

the other thing I have had issues with is HAL completely changing my batting orders when a player gets injured, despite having my batting orders set.

nomadbrad

PostFri Jun 17, 2022 2:25 pm

nevdully's wrote:I add "avoid using before the 9th" so all our R1 5m+ closers don't reach the 9th fatigued from coming in the game in the 8th

AMEN!

leeroyjenkins

PostFri Jun 17, 2022 3:19 pm

Dacelo wrote:I would like to set my hitting preferences different for righty and lefty pitchers. There are some guys that I think should hit away against a left (or righty) that would be better off bunting or H & R aginst the opposite throwing pitcher - particularly some of the lower-priced guys.

I was just going to say that. I'd love to have separate bunt/h&r settings for left right. That way, for example, I could use Joe Jackson's $8.81 RF card and let him bunt or hit and run situationally against lefties but never ever do anything but swing away against righties.

Aray0113

PostThu Jun 23, 2022 1:16 am

I would take one each of the alt-LHSP and alt-RHSP lineup settings and make them lineup settings against LH- & RH- slanted ballparks.

Not sure how much code needs to be re-written to make it work, but I'm sure that it could be done.

pacoboy

PostThu Jun 23, 2022 10:33 am

For the EXTREME dice counters (like me) I'd like to have pre-set lineups - just like now - but for each Ball Park in the league.

......since I play a lot of HIGH CAP leagues, it comes in handy.

For the 80 mil and below players not so much.

Treyomo

PostThu Jun 23, 2022 1:43 pm

Like alot of the ones mentioned. I would like, somehow, the ability to do double switches - perhaps by picking the person and the position for the replacement. If I have a lefty killer in center, but my balanced stud in RF also plays CF, I want the stud to move from RF to CF and the sub to take over in RF. This is probably minor in the scheme of things, but would make some of those platoon heavy lineups more manageable.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats