• Author

pacoboy

Re: If I could add one setting...

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 6:40 am

Personal Avatars would be nice too

Radagast Brown

PostMon Jun 27, 2022 10:19 am

How about they fix the ridiculous bullpen settings? Does anyone really think a reliever should only be able to appear in 2 different situations?
Until they fix this I will stick with ATG8, Daily , Mystery and retro leagues. I just can't get over how badly they F-ed up the bullpen settings.
It makes this game unplayable for me. You might as well get rid of bullpens altogether and just use 4 SP, seeing as how most teams get their four SPs to pitch 95% of the innings or more, anyway.

I don't understand how anyone can be okay with this?..?

dspeters5

PostTue Jun 28, 2022 7:07 am

Here is another issue. In higher cap leagues, coaches bring in a defensive replacement at catcher with a much stronger arm. The steal ratings are generic. So if I set my steal ratings at aggressive, before the series and the starting catcher has an arm of 0 or -1, I hope my runners take advantage of that. However, when IROD or Elston Howard come into the game for defensive help, now my aggressive rating has my baserunners, running into outs. I also make use of the hitting preference and tell HAL to steal more with A, AA, and B basestealers.

And for that matter, when I do start a left handed SP, or bring in a lefty reliever and now IROD or Elston Howard come into the game, again, my baserunners are at jeopardy. In a three game series, and one sets the preferences there is no room for a change of lineups that would hurt my offensive team.

ScumbyJr

PostSat Jul 02, 2022 9:54 pm

Pitchers to have a "Don't PH for" option.

freeman

PostSun Jul 03, 2022 12:57 am

Then it would just be the Four Aces strategy again!

PostSun Jul 03, 2022 12:41 pm

If I could change just one thing it would be awarding the playoff team that doesn't advance to the finals either a half credit or a quarter credit. I am sure it could be done and it would add value to the regular season. You play 8 weeks and you figured out a way to get you team in the playoffs and go down in the first round with nothing to show for it. I think that a a half or quarter credit would be a real win for the community .

tmatthews

PostWed Jul 06, 2022 5:35 pm

1787 wrote:If I could change just one thing it would be awarding the playoff team that doesn't advance to the finals either a half credit or a quarter credit. I am sure it could be done and it would add value to the regular season. You play 8 weeks and you figured out a way to get you team in the playoffs and go down in the first round with nothing to show for it. I think that a a half or quarter credit would be a real win for the community .

I like this. Maybe because I just had a 100 win team go down in the first round. At least we won a game! But we suffered through a great season (best hitting team, top 3 pitching team) for no credits.

MARKSERRI

PostSat Jul 16, 2022 6:33 pm

I have two:
Turn off injuries in the playoffs

Enable an option where bunting can be disallowed
until a certain inning .

I hate seeing sacrifice bunts in the first inning
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats