ATG Ratings Available

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

ATG Ratings Available

PostThu May 26, 2022 5:28 pm

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to make you aware that I have been providing services that might help out. I have been providing ratings to managers for a number of years and most have found them useful. If you're really curious, I will give out a limited number of free 2020 seasons for the average park. I post this every year in the 20xx forum, but I don't think I've posted here in awhile so I figured I'd put it out again.

In case you're wondering, some of the guys who have purchased my ratings are:
Petrosian, DocX, Semper Gumby, Steve F, springer, Madigan, stevep107, Kaviksdad, and akIndian. (There are many others)

The guys who have purchased JTJ ratings have been very appreciative and mostly successful (see the site for their comments) so I wanted to let others know that it's available if they are so inclined.

This certainly isn't the only way to get an understanding of the cards, but I just wanted to make people aware it's available in case they didn't know.

Even if you don't use our system, I believe it's important to have *some* type of rating system with which to compare players.

I'm offering:

- Files containing all the stat calculations for the players along with my Ratings for all eligible (and unleashed) players. Among other things, the ratings take into account hitting, power, ob, fielding, stealing, running, wild pitches, balks and T-ratings.

- Ratings are available for all 20nn, 1969, and ATG8.

Ok, now the bad news, I charge a modest fee for these services. Here's why:

- It takes time to generate the files. The only way I can justify the time to myself (and my family) is to get compensated for the time.

- I don't think it's fair to the guys who put a lot of time into do the calcs to just give it away

- The JoeTheJet ratings system took years for Wineman and me to develop and fine tune. We've been playing SOM for a combined 70+ years and we think it's a dang good way to evaluate the players.

If no one is interested, no problem - my day job keeps me plenty busy

You should be able to get all the info you need at the web site below. Or, contact me at ( joethejet4 at gmail .com )

I know this might rub some the wrong way, but my only intent by this post is to let others know that there is a service available if they're interested. If not, fine by me, I can spend more time on my own teams!!!

I also do Value Ratings for Teams (including specific comments on strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement) and if requested, entire Leagues. For anyone who has never purchased the ratings I will offer one free team rating to go with your ratings purchase.

If you have any questions, please post here.

Thanks,

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats