Jody Davis is a D h&r.

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

scorehouse

Jody Davis is a D h&r.

PostThu May 26, 2022 12:21 pm

2nd inning, batter singles, then Davis, the 84 1-11, DDD Davis, gets a single on a hit and run. his team doesn't H&R the remainder of the game. albeit, his h&r led to an 8 run 2nd inning so h&r shouldn't come into play. but why did Davis h&r in the first place? and what miraculous dice roll or any other fing thing would result in a single. don't tell me the infield was IN in this situation.

MaxPower

Re: Jody Davis is a D h&r.

PostThu May 26, 2022 5:38 pm

Hit and run chart generally only supplants rolls off the batter's card, although walks, strikeouts, and lineouts off the pitcher's card are also altered. But he could've rolled a single off the pitcher's card. For hitters with terrible cards, even a D hit and run chance is a decent play sometimes. And keep in mind D becomes C if a runner is held.

MaxPower

PostThu May 26, 2022 5:44 pm

Also even D hit and run players can single off a 2 or 3 on a batter roll https://stratomatic365.fandom.com/wiki/ ... _Run_Chart

ScumbyJr

PostFri May 27, 2022 1:42 am

Jo-Dee, Jo-Dee Davis, (King of the Wild Frontier?). Does anyone else remember Harry Carey sing-songing Jody Davis' name to the tune of the Ballad of Davy Crockett?

kabob19

PostFri May 27, 2022 5:30 am

ScumbyJr wrote:Jo-Dee, Jo-Dee Davis, (King of the Wild Frontier?). Does anyone else remember Harry Carey sing-songing Jody Davis' name to the tune of the Ballad of Davy Crockett?

Yes I do and here's another one - Jo Dee, Jo Dee Davis, catcher without a beard...

egvrich

PostFri May 27, 2022 4:46 pm

kabob19 wrote:
ScumbyJr wrote:Jo-Dee, Jo-Dee Davis, (King of the Wild Frontier?). Does anyone else remember Harry Carey sing-songing Jody Davis' name to the tune of the Ballad of Davy Crockett?

Yes I do and here's another one - Jo Dee, Jo Dee Davis, catcher without a beard...

I thought it was Catcher without a "peer" ???

kabob19

PostSat May 28, 2022 4:04 pm

egvrich wrote:
kabob19 wrote:

I thought it was Catcher without a "peer" ???

Harry could have said this and he also said "catcher without a beer"

PATRICKCASSIDY

PostTue May 31, 2022 1:55 pm

I thought it was 'catcher or the man who has no fear

but with Carey's 4 beer mush mouth, who can say for sure.

but

if Davis wasn't set to 'never h&r' HAL will pick your most likely strikeout victim to H&R with an unrated E steaier on 1st or more likely 1st & 2nd

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats