FrankieT

Re: New layout of Home Page...

PostThu Jan 06, 2022 6:39 pm

I just avoid it now.

sjudd

PostThu Jan 06, 2022 8:10 pm

FrankieT wrote:I just avoid it now.

I really don't care what info they put there, I just find the auto-scroll distracting. I've sent 2 emails, but it looks like reinstating Around The League was more requested than removing the auto-scroll. So it goes. Scrolling down past the new informational panels whenever I go to the Front Office page has already become automatic for me.

Radagast Brown

PostThu Jan 06, 2022 10:22 pm

I like the new look and information a lot. And I say good for them for finding a way to honor the new guys who make the playoffs or win a championship. I can remember the pride I felt at both.....

I guess they can't please everyone.. But one thing is a little annoying for me... I liked that you used to be able to see the latest transactions right from the Front Office page.
Since I play in a lot of Mystery and Daily leagues it's nice to be able to see if a player has recently been dropped right from the home page..

That's too bad that many of you don't seem to like it. Maybe we will get used to it eventually?

PostThu Jan 06, 2022 11:26 pm

Agree, nice touch recognizing first time champions. I also liked seeing the current transactions on the front page. don't know why that had to go.

FrankieT

PostFri Jan 07, 2022 2:05 am

sjudd wrote:
FrankieT wrote:I just avoid it now.

I really don't care what info they put there, I just find the auto-scroll distracting. I've sent 2 emails, but it looks like reinstating Around The League was more requested than removing the auto-scroll. So it goes. Scrolling down past the new informational panels whenever I go to the Front Office page has already become automatic for me.

Yup. agree.

honestiago

PostFri Jan 07, 2022 9:45 am

I find the new layout to be an improvement, on the whole. It places several quick references on one screen, which I find handy. No issues with the scroller - I just ignore it.

And, an observation, if I may:

My wife works as residential director at a retirement home. There's this one fellow, I don't know who he is (and it's good I don't), who watches the local announcement scrollers like a hawk. He promptly messages her if he finds one thing wrong. And I mean, one...tiny...thing. For example, he does not like it if the meal menu of the day has not been replaced that evening, as it is "out of date." This bothers him enough to where he messaged about it at 11 pm that evening. Didn't matter that the next day's menu would be up the next morning. That shit had to be fixed NOW.

I think about this crabby son of a bitch and I just wonder: don't you have anything better to do? Like, at ALL?

Anyway, the point's this: reading over some of the comments about the changes to the main screen reminded me of this guy.

coachprbb

PostFri Jan 07, 2022 11:37 am

He lives in a retirement home, he most likely has literally nothing else to do.

MochaDog

PostFri Jan 07, 2022 2:09 pm

1787 wrote:Agree, nice touch recognizing first time champions. I also liked seeing the current transactions on the front page. don't know why that had to go.

I also like the new layout - it's not necessarily easy to get a sense of life on SOM 365 outside of one's own leagues, and the "recent champions" and "first time champions" sections help to make up for that. As for current transactions, it's not much of a step to click on the list of transactions link near the bottom, so I don't mind that so much.

egvrich

PostFri Jan 07, 2022 3:23 pm

What can I say, I really have no problems with it.

Scrolling, schmolling, who cares? I do like the idea of more information readily available at the home page.

sjudd

PostFri Jan 07, 2022 4:19 pm

egvrich wrote:
Scrolling, schmolling, who cares?

As stated, I do. Good to know that any opinion that doesn't square with yours is to be dismissed out of hand. So much for open discourse.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats