New layout of Home Page...

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

13Baseballs

New layout of Home Page...

PostThu Dec 30, 2021 12:50 am

What is up with the new layout of the Home Page? When I open up my Home Page... there is a box that is showing "Strat-O-Matic 365 News" and another box that is showing "Recent Championships” at the top of the page. Why am I seeing this? I could care less, I open my Home Page to check on my team, not this other stuff. Please change it back to how it was before. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Palmtana

Re: New layout of Home Page...

PostThu Dec 30, 2021 2:26 am

I agree. The new info would be better placed on the "All Your Teams" page instead of the Front Office page of every team. That way it would still be available without being pervasive. Most managers go to the "All Your Teams" page first anyway.

FrankieT

PostThu Dec 30, 2021 1:28 pm

Agree x2. It is also distracting because it scrolls, which interferes with my own scrolling to get to what I actually want to see once I go to the front office page. Unless this were a free service, customers shouldn't be seeing what is essentially an ad every time they want to interact with the product they purchased.

emart

PostThu Dec 30, 2021 1:50 pm

FrankieT wrote:Agree x2. It is also distracting because it scrolls, which interferes with my own scrolling to get to what I actually want to see once I go to the front office page. Unless this were a free service, customers shouldn't be seeing what is essentially an ad every time they want to interact with the product they purchased.

X3

sjudd

PostThu Dec 30, 2021 3:03 pm

FrankieT wrote:Agree x2. It is also distracting because it scrolls, which interferes with my own scrolling to get to what I actually want to see once I go to the front office page.

This is very bothersome for me and distracts me from the task at hand. I plan to write a courteous email to Strat explaining my issue and asking them to remove at least the auto-scroll "feature". I hope others will do the same.

djp_77

PostThu Dec 30, 2021 3:57 pm

I liked seeing the headlines. They were inconsistent but most no hitters were on there. A really poor decision by strat.

13Baseballs

PostThu Dec 30, 2021 5:12 pm

djp_77 wrote:I liked seeing the headlines. They were inconsistent but most no hitters were on there. A really poor decision by strat.

I agree... liked the headlines from our league... please change it back...

STEVE F

PostThu Dec 30, 2021 6:22 pm

Agreed. What I find really frustrating is the stuff they give us that nobody wants, yet things the community has clamored for for years go unnoticed.

13Baseballs

PostThu Dec 30, 2021 9:58 pm

STEVE F wrote:Agreed. What I find really frustrating is the stuff they give us that nobody wants, yet things the community has clamored for for years go unnoticed.

This is one reason I have cut back on my teams... used to have anywhere from 5-10 teams going at once... for the last couple of years I have only played in one long running league...

The Last Druid

PostFri Dec 31, 2021 11:26 am

Couldn't agree more with this thread. Steve F and Frankie T in particular really nailed it with their incisive remarks.

I imagine that the impetus for this change came from Junior, no doubt influenced by his Harvard MBA. Can't let potential free advertising space go to waste and to hell with what the consumers want. It seems the changes that he has wrought in the site since becoming CEO are uniformly self-serving.

Be well and p(l)ay well indeed.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats