Vote for Izturis

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

STEVE F

Vote for Izturis

PostThu Nov 18, 2021 1:09 pm

Seriously, who couldn't use another relatively cheap, 1e10 SS who does all the small ball things (A bunt B hit & run, 1-17 speed, asterisk stealer) Who can bat 8th or 9th in your lineup? Please cast your vote for Izturis.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=650615

egvrich

Re: Vote for Izturis

PostThu Nov 18, 2021 4:25 pm

STEVE F wrote:Seriously, who couldn't use another relatively cheap, 1e10 SS who does all the small ball things (A bunt B hit & run, 1-17 speed, asterisk stealer) Who can bat 8th or 9th in your lineup? Please cast your vote for Izturis.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=650615

Agreed. He got my vote.

Radagast Brown

PostSat Nov 20, 2021 10:58 pm

I voted for him and 14 others. I hope Charles Nagy gets a card. I also voted for the two catcher upgrades for Toronto and Seattle.
Last edited by Radagast Brown on Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

honestiago

PostSun Nov 21, 2021 8:45 am

Radagast Brown wrote:I voted for him and 14 others. I hope Charles Nagy gets a card. I also voted for the two catcher upgrades for Toronto and Seattle.

I didn't vote for ANY pre war WW2( Basically Minor League players).

Lou Gehrig is a minor league player?

Jimmy Foxx is a minor league player?

Joe Dimaggio is a minor leaguer?

Josh Gibson? Satch?

How about the current generation of pitchers, who can’t go through a lineup 3 times. Batters who strike out 150 times. RPs who pitch to one batter at a time.

How about a gaggle of players who play the game so damned slow they have to change the rules in an attempt to make it watchable?

It’s all relative to era. The players have to play against who’s there, under the conditions of the time. You want to use that as an excuse to show your bias, I guess you can. At least it’s sort of about baseball. Not like some guys around here who still can’t help but fly their political flag, despite the big dustup and warnings we received.*

*like the dude in one of my leagues who decided he had to name his team “let’s go Brandon.” I guess he doesn’t feel alive unless he’s constantly pissed off.:-/

Treyomo

PostMon Nov 22, 2021 2:40 pm

Please don't feed the trolls.

honestiago

PostWed Nov 24, 2021 10:41 pm

Treyomo wrote:Please don't feed the trolls.

I haven’t. But I’d like them out of my leagues. Thought the big dustup meant the end of it. Guess not. Ignorance and poor taste have no expiration date.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats