Chone Figgins or George Brett...??! .... What a bargain....

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Radagast Brown

Chone Figgins or George Brett...??! .... What a bargain....

PostTue Nov 16, 2021 12:55 pm

So I was excited to see Chone Figgins get second card, though I wish it had been his 2007 card, which is a better balanced card and you wouldn't have to overpay for his defense.

Who is a better value?

Chone Figgins 5.24
George Brett 5.20
George Brett. 5.10

What a bargain that Figgins card is, only slightly more expensive than 1979 and 1982 Brett.

Has anyone used that Chone Figgins card? .. And why would you at that price?

I know people will point out he is a 3B-1 and a big base stealer... But is that worth 150 points of OPS???

I'd rather have Bill Spiers, especially at his price.

I just don't see anyone with any sense paying that much for Figgins. You could take a million bucks off his salary and he still would probably go unused.

egvrich

Re: Chone Figgins or George Brett...??! .... What a bargain.

PostTue Nov 16, 2021 5:58 pm

I use him frequently. Bulletproof, great speed, good stealing, great defense and solid against RHP's. But, if he faces more than even 40% lefties, he's just unplayable. I will sometimes platoon him with a cheap lefty slanted platoon mate (McMullin for example).

And yes, whoever is reading this, please drop the price by one million. Thank you.

andycummings65

PostTue Nov 16, 2021 6:36 pm

The position that probably saw the biggest price drops as a group was 3b.

The 2007 Figgins is more offensively balanced than the 2009, but it also has a 2 Injury Rating to go along with a 15 Game Injury Risk. He's a 3 in 2007 and a 1 in 2009 as well. If 2007 was priced very low because of defense and the big injury risk, it might be worth it, however. If anyone would play that big an injury risk, maybe, I don't know.
The 2 Injury Eddie Collins & Honus Wagner are used because pretty often because their offense helps to make up for the bigger injury rating/risk. I'm not sure 2007 Figgins overcomes that obstacle.

Platooning the 09 is the way to go with that particular card.

honestiago

PostSun Nov 21, 2021 12:18 pm

I wouldn’t use Figgins at all unless platooning. That said, this game does not accurately reflect the invaluable nature of multi-position players during the grind. Zobrist, Figgins, Bryant allow a great deal of roster diversity that you can’t 100% replicate, unless those players are floating to various positions in platoons. No reason to do so in ATG though.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats