Why was this team so good?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

STEVENSTEFFANNI

Re: Why was this team so good?

PostSat Nov 13, 2021 9:31 pm

It amazes me how people on both sides of the *SP, Super Reliever and SP pitching 300 innings plus complain about how "unrealistic" those are to the game when to me the biggest joke of all is these platoon teams getting 200 to 400 ABs out of guys with less than 200 ABs or even worse the teams getting 500 ABs out of guys with less than 250 ABs! Guys with the same injury chance whether they have 50ABs or 599 ABs is way more ridiculous to this game in my opinion

MaxPower

PostSun Nov 14, 2021 3:55 am

goffchile wrote:Honestly, I have looked at more than one of your teams and said to myself "What's he thinking?" and then 100 wins later....so I would be curious what your logic/secret is.

As far as this goes, all I'm ever doing is maxing out value. Convert the cards to wins, determine the dollar value of a win according to the cap, subtract the salaries, max out surplus value. It's just that with this team I thought the park I was in was unfavorable given the composition of the rest of the league so I was expecting much more of a grind.

Overall I'm not doing a whole lot that Pelletier (PBUH) didn't already lay out on the boards years ago. But if there's interest I can do a post on my system collecting the info that was most helpful to me in building it out.

goffchile

PostSun Nov 14, 2021 8:34 am

I’d love to see it. I’m more of a “trial and error” guy (mostly errors) myself :lol: :D

Main Line Expos

PostSun Nov 14, 2021 12:57 pm

"As far as this goes, all I'm ever doing is maxing out value. Convert the cards to wins, determine the dollar value of a win according to the cap, subtract the salaries, max out surplus value. It's just that with this team I thought the park I was in was unfavorable given the composition of the rest of the league so I was expecting much more of a grind.

Overall I'm not doing a whole lot that Pelletier (PBUH) didn't already lay out on the boards years ago. But if there's interest I can do a post on my system collecting the info that was most helpful to me in building it out."

austindavidson...if you are serious about posting your system as mentioned above, I'd love to see it. I am really interested in trying to better understand how to be more analytical with these games. Cheers!

caimrisek

PostTue Nov 16, 2021 11:02 am

austinmdavidson wrote:
goffchile wrote:Honestly, I have looked at more than one of your teams and said to myself "What's he thinking?" and then 100 wins later....so I would be curious what your logic/secret is.

As far as this goes, all I'm ever doing is maxing out value. Convert the cards to wins, determine the dollar value of a win according to the cap, subtract the salaries, max out surplus value. It's just that with this team I thought the park I was in was unfavorable given the composition of the rest of the league so I was expecting much more of a grind.

Overall I'm not doing a whole lot that Pelletier (PBUH) didn't already lay out on the boards years ago. But if there's interest I can do a post on my system collecting the info that was most helpful to me in building it out.

I would love to see this as well!

MaxPower

PostTue Nov 16, 2021 7:36 pm

Word, I'll try to put something together sometime in the next few weeks.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats