The 100 Win Curse

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Radagast Brown

The 100 Win Curse

PostSat Oct 23, 2021 11:18 pm

There's obviously no such thing as a 100 win curse, in online Strat-O-Matic or in real life. Such theories of a so called, "100 win curse" (and there have been many) are steeped in ignorance, anecdotal evidence, and "woe is me " type thinking.

And if you don't think so, just look at real life MLB baseball. Of course, now I am the one with anecdotal evidence, but obviously we can see 100+ win teams do not automatically win the World Series, or your Strat-O-Matic baseball league. We can see examples of teams like this going all the way back to the 1952 Cleveland Indians ( now the GUARDIANS, which is awesome and not ignorant or offensive like "Indians").

Anyway, do people still believe in such nonsense?

ps. I don't believe in a 100 win curse, but a 99 win curse, you bet. Three times I have had 99 win teams get swept in the first round just this year.... Ahhh, just kidding....

pps. I know the word "Ignorant" sounds ugly, but really it just means a lack of knowledge or understanding in a particular field. I am quite ignorant myself on a great many (most) topics.

ppps. Or maybe it is the NORAMALIZATION BOOGIE MAN (looking at you, Droid).

Re: The 100 Win Curse

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 8:04 pm

I am not sure but the Giants, Dodgers and Rays might believe.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats