TEAM OF DESTINY !!!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

chaberlal

TEAM OF DESTINY !!!

PostSat Sep 04, 2021 9:30 pm

Last night was the last day of the season in our event 4 league of the Barnstormers Tour...

Here was the pre-games forecast...

First, for the East crown, Geisterwolfe needs only 1 win at home against Patrol 4 to clinch the division... Last Monday, Patrol 4 was swept at home by Geisterwolfe who then grabbed top spot in the East... Payback time... But Stormers has no margin for error...

As for the wildcard berth, Dons need 2 wins to clinch because Rye 4 has the tiebreak in case both teams end up with 85 wins... To do so. Rye 4 needs a sweep at home against division leading Quadrophonics... Moose needs a sweep of Dons at home and 2 Quadrophonics' wins to make it because they hold the tiebreak vs. Dons in case both teams wind up with 84 wins...

Exciting night to come...

Well... those were prophetic comments...

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/sc ... 2021-09-03

Dons won only 1, losing the last 2 to wind up at 85 wins...

Rye 4 pulled off the small miracle... sweeping Quadrophonics in most dramatic fashion...

All of this was made possible by unsung heroe C Hobie Landrith... WTF***... WHO... Hobie Landrith... who hit a walkoff bottom of the 9th grand salami to turn a 7-5 loss into a 9-7 game 1 win...

Then, after a lopsided game 2 win, Rye 4 kept their best voodoo sorcery for game 3...

After tying it at 7 in the bottom of the 9th and then again at 9 in the bottom of the 11th... They completed their sweep in the bottom of the 13th with a 10-9 win... on a BALK... what... yep... a BALK... thus earning their ticket to the Prom Dance and sending Dons home empty handed and brokenhearted...

Crazy night you say... I SAY SO !!!

A perfect conclusion to a crazy season in a crazy league...

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/455729

CRAZY PLAYOFFS... WHY NOT !!!

Most probably the craziest league and season I've ever been involved in...

By the way my team Patrol 4 finished 2nd in the East... 1 game back... losing game 1 before winning games 2 and 3...

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats