Good for the Gander

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

thetallguy747

Good for the Gander

PostFri Apr 02, 2021 8:43 pm

Maybe these forums should be kept clear of politics when MLB itself keeps clear of politics. Who elected Rob Manfred governor of Georgia? Or to Commissioner of Baseball for that matter.

lanier64

Re: Good for the Gander

PostFri Apr 02, 2021 9:50 pm

Amen brother!!!

thetallguy747

PostSat Apr 03, 2021 9:47 am

Surely one of these days someone will have the moral courage to stand up to this mob and its propaganda machine. Where is Joseph Welch when you need him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8llS0ZkLVGA

murphy3

PostSat Apr 03, 2021 6:16 pm

The Braves are my favorite team, have been since I can ever remember. I was really looking forward to putting last year's suboptimal season behind us (even though the Braves were almost in the World Series) and celebrate the All Star game. Now, it's like a punch to the gut, and speaking of guts, I would support MLB much more if they simply ignored the whining minority and said it is not their place to interfere in political controversies. Now they have lost ALL of my respect, they are spineless in the face of adversity, just stand firm against those who feel the need to inject race and politics in sports and recreational activities. It makes me sick, stuff like this.

FrankieT

PostSat Apr 03, 2021 7:29 pm

thetallguy747 wrote:Maybe these forums should be kept clear of politics when MLB itself keeps clear of politics. Who elected Rob Manfred governor of Georgia? Or to Commissioner of Baseball for that matter.

indeed. it is the nail in the coffin for my interest in modern sports. So one sided and clearly the woke mob hasn't read any books the 25 years they've been alive living in their parent's basement. I can be happy tending my landscape, playing guitar, recreational reading, hiking, AD&D, killer bunnies, hell--it is a good thing. I needed more time.

Everything the woke mob claims is persecution du jour is what they are prosecuting. Quite the marxists.
When Bill Maher woke up the morning after his 2016-2020 group derangement syndrome and started saying WTF you know things got bad.

My motto was and always will be: just leave me alone and I'll do the same for you. If you need help, ask, don't demand.
Last edited by FrankieT on Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

nevdully's

PostSat Apr 03, 2021 8:29 pm

Threads like this help explain why there is so many people here I don't really care for.

murphy3

PostSat Apr 03, 2021 9:35 pm

Is it too much to ask for some backbone when there are complaints about a decision made years ago? Just asking. One of the things I admire about the greatest generation are baseball stars like Ted Williams and Bob Feller willing to give up their selfish interests for the good of everyone in our country.

tkl33

PostSat Apr 03, 2021 9:56 pm

they've been alive living in their parent's basement.

Did that for a minute...found my Dad's old Playboys...best days ever!! :lol: :lol:

ScumbyJr

PostSat Apr 03, 2021 11:44 pm

murphy3 wrote:Is it too much to ask for some backbone when there are complaints about a decision made years ago? Just asking. One of the things I admire about the greatest generation are baseball stars like Ted Williams and Bob Feller willing to give up their selfish interests for the good of everyone in our country.

Don't forget Christy Matheson

MaxPower

PostSun Apr 04, 2021 5:08 am

Sorry boomers, the free market has spoken. MLB wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't in their economic interest. Capitalism at work, if you don't like it move to communist China.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats