BS reponse from Strat on new card drops...

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

drfreeze49

BS reponse from Strat on new card drops...

PostTue Mar 30, 2021 3:56 pm

email I sent this AM:

subject: Disappointed

Now that we are two days from the end of the quarter I find that your lack of response is extremely disappointing at best. You have shown disrespect to not only your customers but to our representative for new cards. First we were promised new cards every quarter. Then 20.3 cards were pushed back until 20.4. Then 20.3 and 20.4 were to be teamed up with 21.1. Now it seems with today the 30th and tomorrow the 31st that this will not happen. As a long time over 20 years as a customer of Strat-O-Matic (online and computer games) I am extremely saddened by your lack of response. It does not take much to keep us happy, but clearly some communication on a weekly basis until the cards are released would have been great. If the cards do not happen in this quarter I for one will play out my free credits and cease to spend my hard earned money on future products. Take this message for what it is worth and ignore if you will. Sorry to go for I did love the game.

Vinnie
drfreeze49

RESPONSE I received

365support@strat-o-matic.com <365support@strat-o-matic.com>

3:24 PM (28 minutes ago)

to me
MORE BS

Hi Vinnie,

We've been in contact with[b] BC15NY, and in fact sent him an update last week. Basically, the card data is being prepared, and after we receive it, we'll need to process it for inclusion in ATG 9 and determine the salaries for each card. We're hoping to debut them into ATG 9 within a few weeks, but it does depend on a few external factors involved in the process.
[/b]

Sincerely,
Strat-O-Matic 365
https://365.strat-o-matic.com

drfreeze49

Re: BS reponse from Strat on new card drops...

PostTue Mar 30, 2021 9:04 pm

I wonder what a few weeks means....

Salty

PostTue Mar 30, 2021 10:09 pm

Sigh...basically they haven't even started the process.

We are officially below the mendoza line.

centerfielder17

PostWed Mar 31, 2021 12:36 pm

My guess is they outsource the card images and data to someone in India or SE Asia. Once they get that back, then they assign pricing to the cards and release them.

Has anyone else noticed that when you check out a specific card that sometimes it asks if you want to translate from Vietnamese? A lot of companies are offshoring data entry these days to take advantage of the cheap labor.

Not sure why they did not have the contractor working on this months ago, but......

The Last Druid

PostWed Mar 31, 2021 5:54 pm

Pricing of the player adds was done by a committee of community members. That held true for all of ATG 8. Assume it is still in effect with 9. That process is readily delayed by the slowest responding committee member.

visick

PostFri Apr 02, 2021 12:49 pm

This is crazy.

And unacceptable.

WTF have they been doing since Q3 of 2020?

As crazy as it sounds, we should try a little experiment. Let's stop asking them about the cards.
My guess is... they will forget about them.

SMFH

FrankieT

PostFri Apr 02, 2021 12:59 pm

I'd like to see some cards that are almost never used targeted to be dropped, as in, removed from the default card set. Still could be available for specialized leagues if selected.

visick

PostFri Apr 02, 2021 1:18 pm

"Basically, the card data is being prepared"

Are you kidding me Strat? The cards are already done.

BC15NY

PostFri Apr 02, 2021 2:25 pm

Greetings,

I did hear from Strat on Monday and do have expectations for the cards to be added fairly soon. However, I don't have a target date, nor confirmation on how many of the adds we can expect at this time. (Hoping all).

Without those two pieces of information, it seemed premature to post about an upcoming card addition.

Thanks,
Bill

Salty

PostFri Apr 02, 2021 3:06 pm

BC15NY wrote:Greetings,

I did hear from Strat on Monday and do have expectations for the cards to be added fairly soon. However, I don't have a target date, nor confirmation on how many of the adds we can expect at this time. (Hoping all).

Without those two pieces of information, it seemed premature to post about an upcoming card addition.

Thanks,
Bill

that makes sense - otherwise you are giving a non-update, as in there is nothing definite scheduled.
and they haven't really begun the process on their end.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats