TLD is more than hype or skill...it's Magic

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

FrankieT

Re: TLD is more than hype or skill...it's Magic

PostWed Mar 31, 2021 7:05 am

That's a whole other level...I may have to indulge...

egvrich

PostWed Mar 31, 2021 10:31 am

jet40 wrote:You guys probably don't want to hear my latest experiment. I assembled a 100 mill team, filled out the 4 man rotation and batting order. But thats all I did. I am platooning 2 positions but have not touched hitting preferences (so I have not instructed Hal to PH for any platoons). I left pitching preferences and team strategy untouched as well. Basically Hal makes all decisions. The team is 25-8.

I have often wondered what HAL would do if you built a team, but did nothing else. No settings and no lineups. Has anyone ever tried it?

tkl33

PostWed Mar 31, 2021 9:01 pm

I've never tried that, but I love to do "off the wall" teams. I'd be happy to do that with my next team. Keep you posted..

Tim

coachprbb

PostThu Apr 01, 2021 6:02 pm

egvrich wrote:
jet40 wrote:You guys probably don't want to hear my latest experiment. I assembled a 100 mill team, filled out the 4 man rotation and batting order. But thats all I did. I am platooning 2 positions but have not touched hitting preferences (so I have not instructed Hal to PH for any platoons). I left pitching preferences and team strategy untouched as well. Basically Hal makes all decisions. The team is 25-8.

I have often wondered what HAL would do if you built a team, but did nothing else. No settings and no lineups. Has anyone ever tried it?

I accidentally tried it for 3 days..... went 9-0...set the lineups exactly the way HAL did and went on and lost more than I won from that point on and missed playoffs

egvrich

PostThu Apr 01, 2021 7:26 pm

tkl33 wrote:I've never tried that, but I love to do "off the wall" teams. I'd be happy to do that with my next team. Keep you posted..

Tim

Tim,

Yes, please do keep us posted if you decide to do it.

Rich

tkl33

PostSun Apr 04, 2021 9:27 pm

Rich,

Will do! I'm waiting on a 100M league to fill now. When it does, I'll build the team to the best of my meager abilities and let HAL have at it!

Tim
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats