SABR interview with Adam Richman, Son of Hal

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Hack Wilson

SABR interview with Adam Richman, Son of Hal

PostMon Mar 29, 2021 6:38 pm

"On this week's episode of SABRcast Rob Neyer is joined by Adam Richman, the president of Strat-O-Matic Media and son of Hal Richman, the game's creator. Rob and Adam discuss growing up with the game and some of the other professional pursuits aside from the game" ... https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/s ... 0512134877

The Last Druid

Re: SABR interview with Adam Richman, Son of Hal

PostTue Mar 30, 2021 11:04 am

An hour of my life that I will never get back. At least I got all my teams prepared for last night's games while this played in the background. Adam seems so concerned with expanding product, influence and marketing. He even mentioned 365 but I wish the world could see the absolute neglect of this community his reign as CEO continues to perpetuate.

Salty

PostTue Mar 30, 2021 11:32 am

The Last Druid wrote:An hour of my life that I will never get back. At least I got all my teams prepared for last night's games while this played in the background. Adam seems so concerned with expanding product, influence and marketing. He even mentioned 365 but I wish the world could see the absolute neglect of this community his reign as CEO continues to perpetuate.

its so sad.
This product would appeal to soooo many people if it were run differently.
The resource of the community alone could be huge in getting new players if you maybe did things to make it
easy to get them playing- like ohhh I dunno, making the price for a family and friends league include an actual playoff and credits :o :o

Hack Wilson

PostTue Mar 30, 2021 6:04 pm

So much to say, I couldn't listen to the whole interview, frankly. Agreed on Adam's grandiosity. But I'll also say Rob Neyer is especially annoying, all he wants to do is talk about himself, as he does on all his podcasts with guests, which I can't listen to anymore, as a SABR member, sadly. Early on, Neyer says, "If I can indulge you to talk about my ..." and on he goes. Just poor interviewing technique.

The Last Druid

PostTue Mar 30, 2021 6:06 pm

Yeah he can't interview to save his life. Almost turned it off before Adam got on, Rob just kept babbling.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats