• Author

MaxPower

Re: List of Strat customers hacked prior to January, 2021

PostSun Mar 14, 2021 5:08 pm

Hey, it's something. Nice work.

freeman

PostSun Mar 14, 2021 6:56 pm

Thanks. Hope it helped a little and Strat takes care of people forthwith.

Hack Wilson

PostSun Mar 14, 2021 7:15 pm

Moose, yes, PayPal is secure, Strat doesn't receive your card info when PayPal passes the payment thru.

freeman

PostWed Mar 17, 2021 2:12 pm

Update:

"I've been authorized to work with customers who claim they deserve to be included in our compensation program, but we do need them to contact us directly.  We can't pursue people who just put themselves on a list, as we may not have the correct means of reaching them.  And they will need to provide confirmation or documentation of their hack issue, at which point we would be more than happy to take a look."

Of course no name provided, as per usual. So basically nothing. Sorry, guys.

emart

PostWed Mar 17, 2021 5:54 pm

A follow up to my earlier posting.

I received this from 365 Support this morning:

Thanks for your patience. We've been through a lot over the past few weeks. As you may know from our correspondence with customers, a detailed investigation by a third party shows that Strat-O-Matic only had credit and debit card information stolen from Strat-O-Matic between the dates of January 5 to February 8, 2021, and only from a specific method of payment.

However, we understand that your card had security issues as well, as a result of purchases you made. Please send us documentation confirming this from your credit card company or bank and we would be happy to take a look at it.

I was put off by the tone of this message and responded asking for clarification about what would satisfy 'confirmation'. They responded back almost immediately and within an hour the issue was resolved and I had two credits added to my account. Today they were quick to respond, reasonable and friendly.

freeman

PostWed Mar 17, 2021 6:19 pm

Yeah, no one has time to gather documentation for what's essentially $20. It would cost Strat like $300 in lost revenue to give the 2 credits for everyone on the list I sent them. Just give the two credits and dont worry if there is some potential that someone might have got 2 credits without justification. If theyre worried about that just look at the username and see if they purchased anything close to the time period. If so, give the 2 credits no questions asked.

fraank123

PostThu Mar 18, 2021 3:01 am

freeman wrote:Yeah, no one has time to gather documentation for what's essentially $20. It would cost Strat like $300 in lost revenue to give the 2 credits for everyone on the list I sent them. Just give the two credits and dont worry if there is some potential that someone might have got 2 credits without justification. If theyre worried about that just look at the username and see if they purchased anything close to the time period. If so, give the 2 credits no questions asked.

Regardless of whether I get the credits or not, thanks for taking the time and effort to spearhead this effort.

freeman

PostThu Mar 18, 2021 7:00 am

No problem. I hate to see people get mistreated. In this case loyal customers who are being excluded from a somewhat token remedy due to Strat being hypertechnical. Hopefully, they have wised up.

MaxPower

PostThu Mar 18, 2021 7:43 am

freeman wrote:Update:

"I've been authorized to work with customers who claim they deserve to be included in our compensation program, but we do need them to contact us directly.  We can't pursue people who just put themselves on a list, as we may not have the correct means of reaching them.  And they will need to provide confirmation or documentation of their hack issue, at which point we would be more than happy to take a look."

Of course no name provided, as per usual. So basically nothing. Sorry, guys.

They can fuck all the way off. What do they want, a signed note from my bank? I don't see any record of the charges on my bank statements, they were reversed or never posted. The AUDACITY.

JoeMet

PostThu Mar 18, 2021 1:44 pm

Thanks for trying. I have sent many messages without even an acknowledgement. The only thing a company like this that don't give a shit about the people that keep in business would be a massive loss of business.

My suggestion, no purchase of anything from STRAT for at least three months. Maybe we can start a new list of customers that won't be purchasing for the next three months. You can put my name at the top.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats